Aqua Torques or Vendettas

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Aqua Torques or Vendettas

Aqua Torques or Vendettas

Like the title says what do ya'll think looking to buy some tires and rims for my MaxIV I really want some tracks but don't see me spending that kinda money anytime soon I have read that the intercos don't swim that well but I am mostly in mud or water not deep enough to swim in anyway I have a lot of steep banks to climb up too

Any other suggestions are welcome as well I am not hung up only with these two tires but they are both skid steer designed treads for aatvs

I just put a new set of 26" Goodyear terra tires on my max 4, in my opinion they are the best all around skid steer tire.... Norm...

Save yourself the money and don't get either of them. Go with the Maxxis Mud Bug or the Super Swamper Vampire ASX. Both of these tires will claw up muddy banks extremely well.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

It's actually very nice to get a tire that works fairly well in all conditions and is also very very well suited for track use if and when (eventually) you decide to go that route. Buying twice sucks.
    If you really do use these machines where they were intended to be used...you'll want tracks and eventually find a way to make it happen.
    Even a set of used tires/tracks would be far superior....multiple times over

I have a Max IV and my buddy (carguy) put a set on his Super Swamp Fox , Vendetta 26x14x12 and they work great for us .They swim good, have a softer ride and do well in the mud and snow, I like that there a good all around tire.

Quote Originally Posted by jpswift1 View Post
    Save yourself the money and don't get either of them. Go with the Maxxis Mud Bug or the Super Swamper Vampire ASX. Both of these tires will claw up muddy banks extremely well.
    Hey 79Ford, I agree with Jeff here! I have a set of 26x12x12 Maxxis Mudbugs, for the past three years, and they rock. The type of watery mud, thick mud and muddy banks that you are talking about, you will be extremely pleased with them. The Mudbugs don't swim fast at all, but they do swim.

On the other hand the Vampire ASX's are phenomenal also, and the fact that they are wider @ 26x13x12, makes a huge difference. I took my "bugs" off my Hustler a few days ago and put them on my wifes MaxIV, so I will make sure to get some footage of how they do when I put the tranny and engine back in. I'm guessing that the Bugs will swim better on the MaxIV because of the small amount of clearance between the tub and tire on the IV when compared to my 980 Tall Tub Hustler.

Cbass has GBC Dirt Devils (which is almost identical to the AMS Swamp Fox tire, that have slightly larger lugs) on his MaxII, and they mud and swim fairly well on his machine. I believe that Racerone3 has a set of AMS Swamp Fox's on his 980 Tall Tub, and he does great in the mud, but still is no fish in the water, much like the rest of us with aggressive mud tires.

Then there is Hydromike sporting his (I think?) Kenda Executioners or ITP 589's on his 980 Tall Hustler,,,,, same thing, great for the mud but very little swimming.

Dan67, has a new set of Ven's on his 980 Short Tub, and they swim like a dolphin, but in my opinion, do "ok" in the mud but are slightly inferior to the larger lug tires. Many have debated this, so for the record, this is my opinion only. The Ven's do offer a soft ride, but I would warn you that the 14 inch Vens are better in the water than the 16 inch. Dan Edwards had a set of 16's, and I saw first hand how they performed, and it was clear that the 14's were faster than the 16's. I would say that if you had a large engine, or an engine that had lots of RPM's, then the Ven's would be great for those lug-clogging-muddy-situations, since the RPM's would clean out the lugs faster to obtain more traction.

Honestly, I can't see me buying any tire other than the Mudbugs, Vampires and Terra Tires for any of my rigs. I've thought about tracks in the future, but like you and most others, I can't see myself pulling out my wallet for the price of a new set. I can see them becoming more and more desireable as I grow older in this hobby, but not now! Have you looked at footage of the rides to see who is using what on their MaxIV, and then compare?!?! I did that for about a month, and then I went out on a limb and purchased my Bugs, and I never looked back after that!! I hope all of this was helpful!!
    Last edited by fmints; 06-03-2014 at 04:39 PM. Reason: added info
    HUSTLEMANIAC and a HONORARY MEMBER of the
    BIGFOOT ALUMNI

Thanks for all the reply's guys keep the good info coming does anyone have any 1st hand experience with the aqua torques I am about ready to write them off to be honest I do like interco tires coming from a rock crawler back ground

Quote Originally Posted by 79ford View Post
    Thanks for all the reply's guys keep the good info coming does anyone have any 1st hand experience with the aqua torques I am about ready to write them off to be honest I do like interco tires coming from a rock crawler back ground
    The Aqua Torques ride VERY hard and will give you a sore back. The Vampire ASX tires ride nice, have VERY aggressive side lugs, they're very wide, and they work really, really well. I have them on my Hustler 980 BIGFOOT and I wouldn't trade them for any other tire out there.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Quote Originally Posted by 79ford View Post
    Member jerseybigfoot put them on his Attex springer at Ashtabula last fall. Even with full suspension he told me they rode like crap. They were a horrible failure of a tire that does not work well in our application. Very unfortunate as we were the demographic they were designed and targeted for.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Another vote to stay away from the Aqua Torques. I was considering trying a set out but with the rough ride and poor water performance, I backed out. If you watch the video on the front page of the site, Daniel has a blue Max IV with Aqua Torques. He has 40HP so he could run bald tires and still move through mud but I was asking him how he liked them and his response was "They're ok". On his machine, he has very little control in the water with those tires. I'm running Vampire ASX tires and they are very slow in the water but they provided a little more control than the Aqua Torques seemed to on Daniel's Max.

+ Reply to Thread