Youtube going down the tube?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Youtube going down the tube?

Youtube going down the tube?

Last month I uploaded a video I made with some footage from the Busco Beach trip. A few hours after posting it I received word from Youtube that the music I used (.38 Special) had a copyright claim. They would not let me post the video unless I took one of several courses of action such as muting the audio, switching the audio with a small list of approved songs or....disputing the copyright claim.

I figured what the heck...I put quite a bit of time into creating the video and I really liked the way it came out. Anyway, I disputed the claim. You have to complete a short form indicating why you think you should be able to use their music. I wrote a quick note indicating that my video would be promoting the artists' music and it would be beneficial to both of us. I also indicated that I have purchased music as a result of hearing it on Youtube videos.

Well, today the third party (UMG- Universal Music Group) reached a decision about my "Busco Barrage" video and decided it should be yanked.

So there you have it.

!@#$%!@#!....

So much for trying to make my videos just a little more watchable...I guess I also need to make sure that I do not purchase any Artists signed under UMG. After all, I won't be able to play it for the world to hear on my internet videos.
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    Last month I uploaded a video I made with some footage from the Busco Beach trip. A few hours after posting it I received word from Youtube that the music I used (.38 Special) had a copyright claim. They would not let me post the video unless I took one of several courses of action such as muting the audio, switching the audio with a small list of approved songs or....disputing the copyright claim.

I figured what the heck...I put quite a bit of time into creating the video and I really liked the way it came out. Anyway, I disputed the claim. You have to complete a short form indicating why you think you should be able to use their music. I wrote a quick note indicating that my video would be promoting the artists' music and it would be beneficial to both of us. I also indicated that I have purchased music as a result of hearing it on Youtube videos.

Well, today the third party (UMG- Universal Music Group) reached a decision about my "Busco Barrage" video and decided it should be yanked.

So there you have it.

!@#$%!@#!....

So much for trying to make my videos just a little more watchable...I guess I also need to make sure that I do not purchase any Artists signed under UMG. After all, I won't be able to play it for the world to hear on my internet videos.
    crock of horse hockey bump umg robbie
    1999 max 2 18 b&s 22 tires custom . new max iv 23 k 26 i/n tires brown . ht cable promark winch . new toy 1972 attex st400 400ccjlo and she will be bad . ( the frog ) if it don't float with out you getting wet . don't bring it ! R.I.P sage rogers 4 11 09 . you can't fix stuped !!!!! raceone 3 .)

so what now ? find a new site to upload video to?
    they dont call me mad because im angry!!!!! im just a little crazy thats all!!!!

No good on PhotoBucket or Break.com

I think I need to post a video explaining my experience on Youtube.

I saw a news story about a guy who smashed his I-Mac on Youtube after battling with Apple about his laptop. Needless to say, Apple turned around and kissed the guy's A_s!
    Banned

they most likely would just find a reason not to post it anywaybummer dude
    they dont call me mad because im angry!!!!! im just a little crazy thats all!!!!

I'm guessing what they object to, is a soundtrack that is good enough for people to copy. I've done a few with music mixed with the original aatv soundtrack with no complaints. Maybe if the song is "polluted" with other audio they don't mind.
    To Invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk. (Thomas Edison)

I have a few offroading video's on there with Metallica inthe background! No complaints from them! ??? did you put the 38 special in the list of tags when you uploaded the vide? That's how they caught it, if you did! Upload it again without the tag!
    MY VID'S
    Last edited by GREASEMONKEY; 11-12-2008 at 04:20 AM.
    Jeff
    02 Argo Bigfoot

I never get lost : I take expeditions!
    I'm guided by the Magic 8 Ball.

Copyrighted Song

George, I had the same thing happen to a mixed song that I uploaded on YouTube, it was owned by UMG. I didn't dispute it and UMG allowed it, but YouTube said that I wouldn't be able to view the "Insight" stats, but I have no problem viewing them, go figure

Quote Originally Posted by Bw6 View Post
    George, I had the same thing happen to a mixed song that I uploaded on YouTube, it was owned by UMG. I didn't dispute it and UMG allowed it, but YouTube said that I wouldn't be able to view the "Insight" stats, but I have no problem viewing them, go figure
    Well, I did not put .38 Special in the tag section on this particular video so I don't think that did it. I have used another song in its entirety and there were no objections to it. Maybe it's just UMG.

Bw6, somebody told me about your experience happening to them. The way I understood it, the company was saying that the insight data belonged to them and they intended to use it. To me, that makes good business sense. They get people like us to promote their product as well as provide market research data.

I might try again using Roger's suggestion.
    Last edited by George; 11-12-2008 at 07:59 AM.
    Banned

The last video I posted with Rob & I fishing, was also rejected by Utube for violation of copyrights. Then notified me the next day that they would overlook the copyright infringments if I agreed to let them advertise on my Utube account. I agreed, and it's still up there.

Whipper

+ Reply to Thread