Power Trac ATV Hunt Vee

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Power Trac ATV Hunt Vee

Talking Power Trac ATV Hunt Vee

Is anyone familiar with this one? UV Class

At first I thought you were joking. I saw that scooter and thought, there is no way that thing is amphibious

Anyway, I think we have a link to that Hunt-Vee in the links section. It's actually been made for over 15 years in Virginia. It is all hydraulic and I think the top speed is around 15mph?

I bet it is like a tank though.

Edit: Here is a link straight to the Hunt-Vee: UV Class

Talking Power Trac ATV Hunt Vee

This is a good looking amphibious machine built by Power Tac. Its called the Hunt Vee. $9,500
    It looks like it has the camo style vinyl on the metal body. It looks like a well built amphibious machine. It has the same tub width as an Argo, so it can be used for hunting or recreational use.

It has a 25 gas engine- mounted in the center of body
    6 wheel hydrostatic drive - with no chains or belts to adjust
    9 inches of ground clearance
    1000 towing
    speed- 14 mph on land and 3 mph in water
    5 gallion gas tank
    length - 101"
    width - 60"
    weight - with out options - 1625
    frame -12 gauge mild steel
    steel body covers - 16 gauge mild steel
    Last edited by mudbug3; 09-29-2007 at 01:03 PM.

You and bofts must be surfing the same places today. He posted about it here... edit: I'm just going to merge your two threads so we can talk about it in one place
    Last edited by Mike; 09-29-2007 at 01:05 PM.

mike,

No Mike,,not at all. I just wanted this posted in the right folder, so people in the future would know where to find it. This made more sense to me. I have went to Route 6x6 in the past,and found a great posting that really caught my interest. The problem was, days later, when I went to look for the same posting, and read more on it, I could not find it again. The reason why? This post had nothing to do with the original thread, and it was posted under something other than what I was reading about. This was a source of frustration to me, because I had no way of remembering where I found this post originally. Make sense now Mile?

What brand engine is in it

What size motor?

I was trying to figure out that one myself. I tried to call Power Trac saturday afternoon ,but the phone recording said they are only open m--f. I plan on calling them on monday, and ask them lots of questions. Inquiring minds want to know. It weighs more than a simliar tub made out of aluminum,,but I think I like mild steel better for an amphib tub. I looked at the pics of it ,and it looks to be a well built machine. What I find really attractive though, is that each individual wheel has its own hydrolic wheel motor. All hydrolic means no chains to ever adjust , wear out, or break. I also like the fact that it uses only one stick to control both sides of wheels. Its also the very same tub width as an Argo Fronteer. This means tighter access between trees. At $9,000, its a good price for what you get.

I found a link about the Power Trac on Route 6x6. It looked a lot different then, than it does now. It used to have a canopy metal top, the tub was all green in colour, and it had a 25 hp Kolier motor.

Here is the bad news though, from some one who sadly bought one:

after purchasing the HV-625 Hunt Vee from Power Trac in Tazewell, Va.,several problems with this vehicle have occurred.
    This atv is powered by 6 hydraulic motors run by 2 hydraulic pumps.
    This is an extremely noisy vehicle that becomes under powered after hyraulic fluid and pumps get hot after running any length of time ovr 20 or 30 minutes. After heating up the fluids leak all over the floor after climbing inclines. It will also stall out going up inclines and roll backwards down incline with no means of stopping the vehicle.
    This vehicle is supposed to turn around on itself and will do so until it heats up.It was supplied with "super swamper" tires. The Power Trac people did not inform us that the vhicle would not be able to navigate in water with these tires.
    Through all of these problems the Power Trac manufactures have been evasive and of no help. They refuse to take back this faulty vehicle or to make it right. So this is to warn any prospective buyer of a Power Trac HV-625 Hunt Vee to beware!

I guess this is why the people who make the Hydro Traxx are still in business. The machines that they build are over built and not under built. If you ever watch a Hydro Traxx video, you will see what I mean. The company sent me a video, and this is one well built machine! The Hydro Traxx uses 12 gallions of hydrolic fluild. I guess through trial and error, Hydro Traxx has found out over time, that this amount of hydrolic fluid it needed, to keep every thing cool and functioning like its supposed to. They also use premium hydrolic lines and fittings. I guess you get what you pay for.

In the past,,I,ve read several postings of people that own a Hydro Traxx on Route 6x6 and not one has had any problems with them. All of the people that have owned one , and the few that I,ve talked to,,all said that they would buy another Hydro Traxx. The onlly problem I have with the Hydro Traxx,,is the size of it. It is wide as my Jeep. The hydrolic wheel motors, and the hydrolic pump, make this machine very loud. They have a constant whine at 3,600 rpms. This is the reccomendes rpms for power,torque and speed. They are supposed to be a lot quieter now I,m told.
    Last edited by mudbug3; 09-30-2007 at 10:37 AM.

Thanks for the info

+ Reply to Thread