New Argo Model

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: New Argo Model

Quote Originally Posted by mightymaxIV View Post
    That machine looks bad to the bone with several improvements. Lewis the tires looked different from the ones I saw on your Avenger at Busco. The had a more frontier shaped appearance. Are these totally new tires? Heavy duty axles, true eight wheel drive, double roller chains, good ground clearance. Super swimming tires with good mud traction, easier to service. Nice! Nice! Nice! Wow this machine looks like it will absolutey dominate the mud hole action at Busco or anywhere else it goes. What a machine! I am lusting as I write now! I really like the part about low maintance and counter rotation. WOW!
    They are the same as the ones that i run on the Avenger and yes they are 4-ply. I really enjoy the performance of these tires. These tires are all within 1/4 inch of each other and that helps with the handling of the machine. I have pretty much put these tires through their paces and i am very please.

Very nice
    I hate to see the price on this new argo..

still waiting to see one in person.

Argo 8x8 HDi Price

My friend the Argo dealer told me the MSRP price was $19,500

Quote Originally Posted by Bw6 View Post
    My friend the Argo dealer told me the MSRP price was $19,500
    maybe I can some wiggle room
    on the price and some free up grades

Lame counter rotation

I watched that video of the Argo "counter rotating" and I have to say that is the lamest counter rotation I have ever seen, those tires on the right hand side were hardly moving backwards, especially if you compare it to a Mudd-Ox in counter rotation mode, which by the way you don't have to select a low gear for. Is this new Admiral trans able to send power to both sides even when one is slipping or does it still have the open diff problem of old too? Color me skeptical.

Cool Thats not counter rotation

This is counter rotation. The Mudd-Ox is a true counter rotating 8x8!

If it is a differential system the powered wheels will be turning twice as fast as the other.In other words tires going forward are turning twice as fast as ones in reverse.This would be just the opposite when machine is in reverse.It is still counterrotating though.

Humpty Doo, Northern Territory, Australia

New trans

Has anyone considered the reliability of this new transmission? From what I've seen the Avenger trans had it's dramas, and it was only a refined version of the same old trans Argos had used for years. Do you think this one will be trouble free from the start? In theory a triple differential system seems like the way to go, but it does have a lot more parts in it. It will be interesting to see how the first units go for durability.

It might qualify as counter rotation but I agree that it's lame when compared to the mudd-ox's ability. Its amazing that such a big company like ODG cant put something better out, maybe they can but the price would be above what anyone would pay. With that said the philosophy of "good enough" in my book is not "good enough". However, the argo is a nice product and would still probably buy one over a Mudd-ox

It might be a "real" transmission.. this time. Will be interesting to see the mechanical drawing. If it has low steering effort, real all wheel drive, that would be good. Finally But only in one top of the line model.

+ Reply to Thread