The vampire asx tires are coming back! Who wants some?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: The vampire asx tires are coming back! Who wants some?

Quote Originally Posted by johnnova View Post
    unfortunately I doubt these would fit on a Max 2. I just got some 9 inch rims from Matt and I cant decide which tires to use anyone have a suggestion. I thought the gators or dirt devils looked good but after reading thru the forums people seem undecided. I read Mike put 25 inch tires on his Max 2 any one know what kind of tires those were or what other 25 inch tires would fit.
    Thanks
    MaxII axles are 25" center to center, so true 25" dia. tires will rub each other. The most popular tire was a 25x12-9 Rawhide III, but they ran small and were really more like 24" and the tub still needed to be heated/reshaped.
    This is what I'm running: 25x12-9 Super Light Tire
    They are 24.5" to 24.75" on Mudd-Ox rims. You should be able to squeeze them on yours, they ride GREAT, mud fairly well, but swim poorly.
    Here is Mike's thread on 25" tires: http://www.6x6world.com/forums/max-a...es-max-ii.html
    It was the inspiration for my build[IMG][/IMG]

I think I'm going to upgrade soon, but I'm not sure if I want to try the vampires, or the new Mudd-Ox Vendettas.
    The Vendetta's run large, so I'll probably take a trip to Matt's and try a set first....tires are too much $ to buy ones that don't fit. If I can't find a set that fits, I'll have to keep looking.

the 22x11x9 inch vampires came to my house today I looked them over for a couple mins and refused the shipment. they were some beefy tires but as others said there is no grip on the sides so I didn't want to chance 500$ on a tire I wouldn't be happy with.

That's good news that the 25 inch dirt devil's fit on a max 2 I would love to put 25 inch tires on it I bet its like riding on marshmallows. did you have to modify the tub or did the 1 inch spacers take care of them rubbing? do they swim or are they just really good in the mud?

Here are some pictures of my 25x12x9 Dirt Devils. Like Fred said I had to get the 1in spacers and I did do some heating and molding around both front tires for a lil bit more room. I love how they proform in all condiction and swimming. I also run very low air pressure so the ride isnt so hard on my back.

Hold My B..R and Watch This!!!

Thanks for the info everyone buying tires seems like the most risky decision to make owing one of these rigs. the 25 inch dirt devils look real nice on your max 2 Cbass but where did you ever find 1 inch wheel spacers? I guess I can run the spacers for my track setup I think they are around 4 inches. From the looks of it the dirt devils run extremely small you still have well over an inch between them.

Quote Originally Posted by jstout9 View Post
    I talked to interco today. These tires are ready to ship! 92$ each for 26x13x12's. shipping is reasonable too. My total price shipped to my business was $664 for 3 of each side. Call interco direct, I was quoted $16 ea. higher from a local dealer. That's like buying 7!
    Glad to hear the ASX's are finally back in production. $92 each is a very good price for these tires!
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Ordered them wednesdsy, got them yesterday. $664 total with shipping. they are huge. cant wait to get them mounted and try them out at Sundog trails next saturday.

Ordered them wednesdsy, got them yesterday. $664 total with shipping. they are huge. cant wait to get them mounted and try them out at Sundog trails next saturday.
    They're the absolute best bang for your buck, best all around AATV tire out there. They move in the water, but not as fast compared to stock 26" Goodyear Terra tires, but they are far, far superior to them on all other terrain. You won't believe what these tires will take you through. Let us know when you take your first test ride.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Looks like I will have a set of used dico tru power 26x12x12's for sale by mid week. I'm going to post them locally but if anyone here is interested pm me.

Looks like I will have a set of used dico tru power 26x12x12's for sale by mid week. I'm going to post them locally but if anyone here is interested pm me.
    If they don't sell here, put them on ebay a pair at a time with keywords like garden tractor pulling deere cub cadet wheel horse 26x12x12. Each pair will bring a pretty good dollar.

Received
    Quote Originally Posted by jpswift1 View Post
    Glad to hear the ASX's are finally back in production. $92 each is a very good price for these tires!

I was quoted $110 each plus freight today. Has anyone else received this quote or have they been 92 dollars when anyone else has inquired?
    -Attex ST/300/D - "The Duck." Family owned since the early '70's
    -Attex ST/300/D- Resto/mod project! (not yet started)
    -Attex 440 Thunderchief Racer (not yet started)
    -Attex ST/400 (not yet started)
    -Hustler 980 BIGFOOT- A work in progress (SOLD)
    -1999 Max Buffalo Truck (SOLD)
    -1989 Max IV - A Max four my kids. (In progress)

+ Reply to Thread