Busco Beach in NC October 10-12, 2014

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Busco Beach in NC October 10-12, 2014

dan, loved the video !! seems like just yesterday that we were there. the video really captured the whole experience of the gathering. thanks alot and enjoyed camping with you. see ya again. johnboy va.

Last edited by Model Citizen; 07-11-2016 at 06:39 PM.

Thanks for the comment Drew

Great video Dan, we seemed to be in different rides all the time but our paths crossed on the trails. It was more of a mud fest this go around. Made for a very interesting ride.
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways , cigar in one hand, whiskey in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!!!"

b
    Last edited by Deedeelin1; 06-23-2017 at 06:43 PM.

I missed seeing everyone this ride,someday I'll make it back down. Dan,great video,thanks for posting. Don't quote me but,I think the Carolina Boys can take credit for the discovery of the "wave push". They showed me in 2010 how it works. It's really cool when ya float up outta the hole you've been fighting and getting nowhere! Drew,I'll be in touch about making Meadville this coming sat or sun,whichever is better for you.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeMeg View Post
    I missed seeing everyone this ride,someday I'll make it back down. Dan,great video,thanks for posting. Don't quote me but,I think the Carolina Boys can take credit for the discovery of the "wave push". They showed me in 2010 how it works. It's really cool when ya float up outta the hole you've been fighting and getting nowhere! Drew,I'll be in touch about making Meadville this coming sat or sun,whichever is better for you.
    Hey Joe, got to give credit for the wave to Roger S (RIP) I learned it from watching the Haspin videos.

Nice video Dan and really good editing to show the action for those of us who could not attend. I wanted to ask you now that you have some seat time and a little direct comparison what are your thoughts on 8 wheels compared to 6 and your Adair tracks at Busco?

On a side note, how about those Aqua Torques on the Max? I know they get a bad rap for ride and slow swim speed but for their size they are tough to beat in the mud I think. I just can't bring myself to sell mine.

Keith.

ADAIR TRACKS, WITHOUT 'EM YOUR JUST SPINNING YOUR WHEELS
    REMEMBER KIDS, THE FIRST "A" in AATV STANDS FOR AMPHIBIOUS

Quote Originally Posted by kghills View Post
    Nice video Dan and really good editing to show the action for those of us who could not attend. I wanted to ask you now that you have some seat time and a little direct comparison what are your thoughts on 8 wheels compared to 6 and your Adair tracks at Busco?

On a side note, how about those Aqua Torques on the Max? I know they get a bad rap for ride and slow swim speed but for their size they are tough to beat in the mud I think. I just can't bring myself to sell mine.

Keith.
    Hey Keith, Just my opinion but those Aqua Torque tires seem to be as good or better then any mud tire I have seen on a 6x6. I have also seen them on an Argo 8x8 and they simply smoked every other machine with tires. If you can live with the ride and a poor swim speed I believe they might be the ticket for a 6x6 mudder. I have to believe they would be top dog on a Frontier 650 HD (for mud purposes-because of the ground clearance and the smooth Argo bottom).
    I was totally fascinated watching the blue MaxIV with Aqua tires attack mud holes. It seemed as if he moved through everything twice as fast as every one else with tires.

Pertaining to the 6x6 vs 8x8. I am totally sold now on the 8x8. With the extra 2 feet of track on the ground I can drive through rough areas almost twice as fast as the 6x6 with what I consider a very good ride. The ride with tracks is even better then the Argo 24 inch tires (I tried them both). The good the ride quality and the extra bite carries me and passengers through the most awful conditions. The 31 horse injected Kolher stays cool with the modified exhaust and sounds just awesome.

As for now I absolutely love my HDI, tomorrow that could change.

Quote Originally Posted by mightymaxIV View Post
    Hey Joe, got to give credit for the wave to Roger S (RIP) I learned it from watching the Haspin videos.
    Ahha,this is why the group rides are so much fun. The company of others. I think Roger was at the Ledges in the fall of 2008 but I never got to meet Him.

+ Reply to Thread