Mudd-Ox Unveiled !!

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Mudd-Ox Unveiled !!

Lightbulb Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Now that is a good thought T. Payback. Sounds like an outstanding Christmas present

Lewis

We had an Argo bigfoot that my wife hated and she was going to move from her Yamaha 700 Grizzly to a Rhino because she wanted a top and windshield for the more harsh conditions we have here in Alaska. It all changed when we went down to Indiana and met Matt and his crew and spent a day testing the Mudd-Ox. There is no comparison she now wants a Mudd-Ox and we have one on order and will order two more in next couple of weeks as soon as Matt completes the tracks and tops. My wife says if any woman wants to know about the Mudd-Ox ride and features she will be happy to sell them on it. My 18 year old daughter got in it an drove it like it was a rental and even Matt was impressed with her aggressive driving style and she had zero aatv driving experience before but the hydrostatic drive is intuitive and smooth. Ours sons whom have wives and young children have put their four wheelers and Rhinos up for sale so they can have Mudd-Oxs for its family carrying capacity and real Alaska capabilities. If you get a chance find one to ride and if you are in Alaska PM me and we'll get you a ride/drive.
    Mark

Smile bigfoot--my wife hated it

Akexpress, I have zero arguement about the hydraulics being "intuitive" and I believe that the Mudd Ox has raised the bar for AATVs inmany many ways. The new design can only be good for our sport,no matter which brand we own now. Just curious, what did your wife hate about the Bigfoot?
    Mudd Ox

She hated three things about it. first was the noise(we had a top and windshield and the noise thru the firewall was very loud, second was the ride which the Mudd-Ox addresses this in two ways first the eight wheels is inherently less jarring but second most importantly is the mid engine which allows the machine to pivot around this axis when you go over an embankment or large rock,log etc and not have the forward engine weight slamming the front end down. Also the hydraulics seem easier to feather at slow speeds when negotiating these obstacles. Third was the lack of power especially when climbing steep hills that involved turning during the ascent. We recently completed a moose hunt that was 56 miles each way off the road here in Alaska and one of hills on this trip was a continuous climb of about 2500 ft of elevation gain about 2 miles long (ie very steep) we worried for most of the trip whether the argo could climb it on our way out. In defense of the argo it was pulling a trailer that probably weighted about 700#, we actually had to push with a four wheeler on parts of the ascent because the argo just ran out of power especially when it required turning while climbing. Matt's bead lock wheels and lower pressure's on the tires certainly help the ride quality. Again in defense of the argo it never got stuck and we used it to pull every other vehicle out of the extensive mud we rode in. I feel like the Mudd-Ox is going to overcome all of these shortcomings. We will try to get some video to post here after our first one arrives and we can put it thru its paces here in alaska as our conditions will definitely test its limits.I am probably a little too excited about the Mudd-Ox but I think it is going to give everything else on the market a serious run.

Here in Oz

Had a ride in the Mudd-ox at the Toowoomba Ag show, our local dealer Wayne, of Maxes here in Aus had one. He will be our dealer for them, as well as the range of Max atvs. I own a MaxIV that I imported myself some time ago, as we had no dealer at the time. I did have a hanker to buy a Mudd-Ox just by the reports and watching what vids are available. First I have to say that I was very impressed with the quality, makes the rest look like kindy toys. But, always a but isn't there? It is BIG, I test drove the Avenger when they first were released and this seems a whole lot more machine. Comparing to my Max and what I use it for, I wouldn't swap. The Max is a lot quicker off the mark, and for cattle work that is what counts. I would never foot a beast for top speed, but because I beat them off the mark they never find that out. Winding through the really tight timber Max has it all. For comfort for long hours of travel, for safety in the long descents and for it's ability as say a search and rescue vehicle, nothing but nothing would get within cooee of the Mudd-Ox. So all in all it is, as always, it is horses for courses.

Hi Everyone,
    The guys and I were working late one night and thought to our selfs, if 8 wheels is good 16 would be even better!!! I have wanted to do this for years!!! Enjoy...

Matt
    Attached Images

Here are some of the photos you have been waiting for!!! Set 1 of 2 Enjoy!!!

Matt
    Attached Images

Here is set 2 of 2 Enjoy!!!

Matt
    Attached Images

Hi Philip,
    This ones for you.

Matt
    Attached Images

Outstanding. Now that's one nice, well thought out machine! I know you have to be proud of what you have done. Can't wait to see one or drive one up here in the Toolies. Thanks for the pics Matt.

Ooooooohh!!! and the 16 wheel jobbie. I love it

+ Reply to Thread