Homemade 6x6 with 3 cylinder motor

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Homemade 6x6 with 3 cylinder motor

i will probaly weld it but not certan new that you mention silicone we will see getting the aluminium today an no the radiator will stay their for now just depends how well it works their

That thickness of aluminum is not really that thin. I dont think you will need many ribs and even if you do weld it go ahead and silicone it to the metal frame every where it rattles. also if the welds leak you can hit it with a center punch and that will stop small pinhole leaks. I had no leaks in the welds with 3 passess of a spool gun on all fillet welds.

That is looking really good. I had to go back and look at the last picture you posted to make sure I was still looking at the same frame. It looks completely different now that it is painted.

Great job on the aluminum fabrication. How long till we see her float?

thanks guys i love the way the frame has come up i hope to maiden it soon it wont be this weekend because im buisy ill keep chipen away at it after school wont be able to do anything on wednesday im doing my world skills comp but hopefully next weekend we can break out the bottle of champain

also the paint is suposed to be black with hammer finish but is grey with hammer finish because i used grey undercoat and turns out you dont need undercoat but who cares it only gets covered by alluminium
    Last edited by kelvin; 06-03-2013 at 04:50 AM.

Keep up the good work!!! It really is coming along very well! I anxious like everyone else to see the finished product in video!!
    HUSTLEMANIAC and a HONORARY MEMBER of the
    BIGFOOT ALUMNI

I will get a video soon it wont be fully finished yet as the mudgards have to be made aswell as the sides

+ Reply to Thread