Attex Springer

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 49 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Attex Springer

Damn! you do nice work! I'm going too have to get you to make me some new wheel hubs, for my Catagator.

Luuucy -you Have Some Splaining To Do.

Last edited by whipper-ag; 07-10-2016 at 12:37 PM.

Oh my!

He really opened it up didn't he!

Whipper,

Wow ! That is fast for a 6x6 !! Just think of the high speed stability you would have in Bridget,s wider Max springer , and your hot rod motor in it .

Quote Originally Posted by whipper-ag View Post
    Well, I told him that he should open it up & see what it can do. When we got back to the trailers, this was on the GPS. :

Holy !@#$%^&!!!
    Banned

Whipper,

Is it safe to assume that since having the springer installed on your Attex,,that the speed has also increased ,since more wheel contact is now being made on the ground ?

F.

F. F. F.. .Holy F.

Kudos to little Rhody for having the cahones to take it that fast.

Any idea of the RPM you were pulling at that speed? On a technical note, how many teeth are you running on the axle sprockets?

A whole 'nother league....
    ~m

Last edited by whipper-ag; 07-10-2016 at 12:38 PM.

I got the R back together this weekend (had to make a new axle/sprocket tube/sprocket, new bearings, hub... when stuff goes wrong at 40-45mph, it all goes wrong... total garage sale). I can't get it topped out by me until the soybeans are off, but I know it pulls between 6.5-7 grand. It's supposed to make 52 ponies stock (in that RPM window); I'm wagering a bit more with the mild changes I've made. I'm running 22 tooth final sprockets on the 4-chain setup. By all rights, I feel like I should be moving faster. I know my little itty bitty tires will slow me down (21s), but they become so much bigger at that speed that I think they might actually become 22-24" tires.

Once the 'beans are gone and I formulate a more adequate clutch guard, I'm taking a shot at 55. This weekend might be the perfect time. I'll try to get video.

~m

(P.S.- on the commute to work yesterday, I wound the VW up to 62.9mph, opened the door, and looked out. Man, the lines on the road just look like dots...)

I bought an Equus tach for the briggs twin, bought it online, with shipping about $90. Later I see them at local parts store for $79. I can't confirm accuracy as no other tach around for me to compare. Mine shows 5500 wide open topped out in the 1100 lb Response. I'll take a guess that your twin was running around 7000.

+ Reply to Thread