pulled the trigger on a conquest

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: pulled the trigger on a conquest

gonna give it a few more days of stretching.only need about 6 more inches and i should be good to go,if not then its going into the clothes dryer.to damn hot here to do anything else anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by foxvalley View Post
    I hate to see a guy fight it so much,if you can't get it on,take it off and heat that sucker, the cloths dryer gets it real hot fast,that thing will stretch like warm taffy,best if you have 2 people to work around both sides at once.work fast and it should only take 5 min. I'm guessing you got better things to do than fight with that.

Quote Originally Posted by plott hound View Post
    gonna give it a few more days of stretching.only need about 6 more inches and i should be good to go,if not then its going into the clothes dryer.to damn hot here to do anything else anyways.
    Maybe we could trade?
    I have one that keeps threatening to fall off.

RD

Hey plott hound. Hows the bumper going?I hope it is crossed off your list.
    Besides that, I'm curious as to to how close you are to taking that thing for a spin.

got that bad boy half on,ive been giving it a stretch everynight after work.been to busy to keep at it plus its been way to hot.only have the winch to wire,install new battery and tidy up the existing wireing then it burnout time.after that ive only got the plow to figure out.

Quote Originally Posted by foxvalley View Post
    Hey plott hound. Hows the bumper going?I hope it is crossed off your list.
    Besides that, I'm curious as to to how close you are to taking that thing for a spin.

finally got the band back on.went pretty easy after being stretched for 5 days.ran all over the place looking at batterys,bought an the one in the picture from total battery.they were the only guys that really tried to help me out.now i just have to revamp the battery tray to make this bad boy fit.
    Attached Images

Any battery group 51 car battery will fit the argo tray. It is also the same battery for a honda civic.

that odossy battery is really close to fitting perfect.its a sealed unit with lots of power.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan67 View Post
    Any battery group 51 car battery will fit the argo tray. It is also the same battery for a honda civic.

finally went for a burn this morning.sucker runs real well and is smooth to drive.seem to have an issue with transmission jumping out of low gear though.will have to read up on the cause of that then pull it apart.

now i just have to wire up the winch and i am done.
    Attached Images

Looks really good there Plott! Hate to hear the low is popping out of gear. Mine jumped out of low one time just after i got it home. Mine was due more to driver error. They do not like to make a hard turn when you are straddling a ditch and the middle tires are in the air. I'm guessing that the L gear may be worn down. I think it would be best to take it out and open it up for inspection.

think im gonna dodge the bullet on pulling the transmission.seems to be a case of driver error,didnt get the gear selector in the proper position.this sucker is a pleasure to drive.if i can only get the air out of the right hand side brake system,it will be near perfect.gotta poke around in it for 9 more hours to get this rebuilt motor broke in.still puffs a little blue smoke untill the rings get their groove on.

+ Reply to Thread