Green and red spring difference

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Green and red spring difference

I just changed to the red spring on my max 2 I like it a lot better, it back shifts faster and stays in lower gear longer. It works great in mud..

"torque-monster"
    HUSTLEMANIAC and a HONORARY MEMBER of the
    BIGFOOT ALUMNI

HI
    The red spring compared to green holds u in a lower gear longer and yes it accelerates a little slower than the green. Due to the down shift characteristics of the red spring full speed will not be achieved until on hard pack sand or similar . Always make sure u have the correct colour of spring for the generation of clutch . In the 700 series of driven clutch besides having different sizes eg the 770 780 790 there are also different generations [or series ] 3 types very early 1962 till early seventies.
    seventies till mid nineties ,,
    nineties till current
    As u can see there are also other red springs [and other colours ] for the different generations THEY MUST BE MATCHED

tomo

+ Reply to Thread