Vendetta tire swimming question

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Vendetta tire swimming question

Sandy was previous owners way out to his sailboat on Staten Island, swam better but wouldn't try muddin it.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

The other thread I was thinking about was started by Great White--- Making non swimming tires swim. I found the video showing that 4 wheeler swimming fascinating.

I think the shape and depth of the tub has a lot to do with it. I ran a 16 inch Vendettas tires on my MaxIV with 1 1/2 inch wheel extensions to keep the tire away from the tub. The tub has to be able to channel the water to be effective and this is one of the reasons a different tire swims different on every machine.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUyvcHZZ2zE

Mike at Adair Argo told me they installed a set of 16 vendetta tires on an Argo 6x6 Frontier a while back. He said he had never seen a 6x6 swim as fast as the Vendetta equipped Argo. I have a set of 16 inch Vendettas ordered for my 6x6 Argo Scout so we will soon see. As for over all performance (see the video) the Vendetta tire is tops in swamp conditions and the only thing that gave me issues was stumps and roots which are nothing but traction for tracks. I would rate the Vendettas at about 80 percent as good as Adair tracks in pure mud, and better in some conditions then tracks.

I’m running the 16” tires on my IV however I’ve got 3” spacers. I’m sure it would swim a little better with shorter spacers as the tires would be more under the tub. The extra width helps out when in ruts from other machines though.
    As you mentioned the body shape has a lot to do with it. On my stock IV with factory tires I formed wheel wells as the body saged over time instead of lifting it. With just enough clearance for the tires it swims a lot better with less cary over too. I believe the hump in between the front and center tires help as well.
    What it lacks in ground clearance it makes up for with traction.

+ Reply to Thread