Adair tracks

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Adair tracks

Quote Originally Posted by hilhilti View Post
    hello people never posted before, but a few of these questions i have an answer for. I just got my adair tracks installed on my 02 bigfoot. you will need smaller tires than the rawhides. call adair argo and talk to them about it, tim is very helpful and will guide you in the right direction.you will need a set of 22" tires to make it work with the bigfoot. as far as how they stand up against other tracks I don't know, but what i can tell you is your machine will not work as hard as with tires. my rig now turns easy in all conditions and easily goes thru mud holes that were impassilbe with tires. I got mine with 2" extensions for snow this winter and they work great they smooth the ride out as well, not as bumpy. a liitle slippery on rocks, but tuff as nails. It's a lot of money but i think they were well worth the investment. you won't be disappointed.
    Pertaing to the performance of these tracks, I followed an Argo Bigfoot with Adair tracks through extreme swamp and mud conditions at river run and never saw the machine come close to getting stuck. There are a number of videos posted on You tube of this machine at River Run for anyone who wants to see what the machine is capable of.

Last edited by mightymaxIV; 12-03-2011 at 10:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BARE View Post
    I am looking forward to some deep snow reviews. I am about to get my conquest back together after upgrading to the HD bearings. Tim is awesome to deal with and will have some of his tracks in the very near future.

Can you post up some video once you get your machine set up? I would really like to see some snow video from the folks in Canada.

While I am looking forward to riding in deep snow with my Adair Tracks this winter, to date we only have about 10-12".

Let it snow
    RD

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Doctor View Post
    While I am looking forward to riding in deep snow with my Adair Tracks this winter, to date we only have about 10-12".

Let it snow
    RD
    Great keep us posted,and dont hog all the snow Ontario needs some.LOL

Thanks everyone for the info. I'm going to definitely look into getting a set of tracks. I think with a set of these tracks, my Argo will perform that much better in the swamps, pulling out moose, as well as ice fishing on heavy snow.

Quote Originally Posted by mightymaxIV View Post
    Attachment 7732Attachment 7735

You can run the standard Adair tracks without moving your tracks out with wheel extensions, however you can get extensions for Adair tracks making them even wider to handle snow and even more durable than the standard 14 1/2 track, Rock Doc is adding these snow track extensions to his Adair tracks now so he will be able to test them in extreme winter conditions. Here's a couple of pictures of what an HDI looks like withn the snow extensions, I can only imagine how well they would work on a Bigfoot.

As you can see from picture number two the extensions don't touch the ground until you get into mud or snow, the machine still turns very well even with the extensions.

Roc Doc is the man now who will be able to answer the snow questions.

Shhhhh, this is supposed to be a suprise...................Good thing that my wife doesn't read this forum

Actually, she probably won't notice untill I point it out anyway

RD

haha .... RD just smile and tell her that if good old Santa had an Argo, he would definitely have Snow Tracks...lol...oh ya and a "wink" or two probably wouldn't hurt either... ;-)

ho ho ho!

Let it snow
    RD
    Better invest in ice cleats for the Adair as even the non cleated supertracks look like doing a better job (fast forward to 2:20) :

Last edited by smog; 12-14-2011 at 08:00 PM.
    2008 MAX-IV 500T 30hp Bandolero

[QUOTE=smog;105169]Better invest in ice cleats for the Adair as even the non cleated supertracks look like doing a better job (fast forward to 2:20) :

Supertracks have a ****load of Grade 8 sharpened steel bolts through them, about 1.5" long. But yes, I agree the Adair Tracks need help. I have Pics, Cleats, and Studs coming for the Adair's, but have not recieved them yet. You kinda got a jump on me, I started another thread about this particular trip

Edit: Did you happen to notice the Argo doing the "Moonwalk" at the start?

RD
    Last edited by Rock Doctor; 12-14-2011 at 08:34 PM.

But yes, I agree the Adair Tracks need help.
    to be fair, someone posted the video on sentier6x6 in a discussion about how plastic is just not good on hard frozen surfaces and will not hold a candle to the rubber tracks in this specific condition..
    2008 MAX-IV 500T 30hp Bandolero

+ Reply to Thread