Max II Updates

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Max II Updates

Wow. You're really moving along. I wish I was able to move my project along that quickly.

Looks like you already have frame crossmembers, a plus, also looks to have Richards chain adjusters.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Thanks dirtdobber, I had some free time and got into a rhythm. But the teardown is the easy part huh
    Next step's going to be cleaning/prep work while waiting on parts.

Noticed the chain adjusters after looking at Richards relics ArgoJim, someone before me put some time into it. Didn't know about the crossmembers though, thought those were from the factory...

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.

im doing the same project only to find my bottom of the frame rusted out .sorta got discouraged with id for now.

Quote Originally Posted by shultz55 View Post
    im doing the same project only to find my bottom of the frame rusted out .sorta got discouraged with id for now.
    Start a new thread in the Max forum and post some pics for suggestions, also location.

Shultz55 I'm pretty new here myself but have noticed the community members are really well informed on these machines. ArgoJim is right about making a new thread with pictures. I'm sure someone will have some good advice about repairs.

Not a whole lot of progress the last couple days, spent a little time cleaning frame and going over some spots with the wire wheel. Bit of rust under the bearing flanges/ underside of frame but its mostly on the surface. Ordered some por15 to go on frame when Im done cleaning up. Hoping to have more pictures soon.

Hey guys haven't updated in awhile:

I ran into some trouble with my phone when the screen broke, was unable to take pictures or update thread while I waited for a replacement screen. Got that worked out so I'm back now.

I was able to continue working on the Max though, cleaned and coated the frame with a layer of POR15 and got everything reassembled with all new bearings and strip caulk around the flanges. Jackshafts and chains were cleaned and tensioned. Oil and filter on engine were changed.

+ Reply to Thread