newbie here with a sidewinder

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: newbie here with a sidewinder

What in the world is the framework under the axles and body? I've never seen a setup like that.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

kinda looks like someone was trying to get more tub ground clearance i've never seen anything like it

I was assuming it was just something to move it around with while working on it, but my first tiny glance I was thinking it was a Springer lol.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

According to the PO its a rack for using the tracks. Its got a gear and chain set up that is odd looking as well ill grab some close up pictures of it tomorrow seems weird tho

Hey guess what! I forgot to get you guys a picture of that. Sorry sometimes i dont think good. Ill try and get one up soon. I got it mostly cleaned up pretty good pulled the engine out to replace the starter. Went to the local parts house and they wanted 144 bucks!! I got on ebay and got one for 36 bucks free shipping. MAN. So im just kind of waiting on that for now. I just got done reading turtlecrawlers thread and im thinking about painting mine as well. It will be all black. Any suggestions on the type of paint? I picked up some from ace that is made for plastic but i dont want to screw that up. Next time we go to Cheyenne im gonna go to the fabric shop and find some to make a top for the roll cage. Anyway any other suggestions are more then welcome. More updates probably after i get the starter which will be in the next day or so hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by EWHOLTZCLAW View Post
    Hey guess what! I forgot to get you guys a picture of that. Sorry sometimes i dont think good. Ill try and get one up soon. I got it mostly cleaned up pretty good pulled the engine out to replace the starter. Went to the local parts house and they wanted 144 bucks!! I got on ebay and got one for 36 bucks free shipping. MAN. So im just kind of waiting on that for now. I just got done reading turtlecrawlers thread and im thinking about painting mine as well. It will be all black. Any suggestions on the type of paint? I picked up some from ace that is made for plastic but i dont want to screw that up. Next time we go to Cheyenne im gonna go to the fabric shop and find some to make a top for the roll cage. Anyway any other suggestions are more then welcome. More updates probably after i get the starter which will be in the next day or so hopefully.
    I painted my Max II also. look at my photos! I used can paint made for Vinyl, or plastic. Like 5 bucks at O'reillys
    HUSTLEMANIAC and a HONORARY MEMBER of the
    BIGFOOT ALUMNI

Hell that max looks good! Have you had any issues with it scratching? Im not worried about the tol half but the bottom is yellow so if i go bombing thru the weeds and stuff I dont want it to it to scratch and the yellow to show through too bad. Im thinkin i can just keep some paint at the house and touch it up every now and then. Im still waitin on my starter to show up as soon as it does im gonna start reassembly hopefully the parts house here in town had diamond #50 chain for 89 bucks for a 10 foot section. Is this outragous? I live in a small town so it happens alot.

Quote Originally Posted by jpswift1 View Post
    What in the world is the framework under the axles and body? I've never seen a setup like that.
    WHAT THE ......????? I'd like to see how that all ties together, weird!!
    Attex, there is no substitute

EWHOLTZCLAW,

Good luck with your new project. The guys on this site will steer you in the right directions. I could not have built my rig without their help. As for painting....paint for plastic works good. I used Krylon camo paint (flat colors) BUT make sure you clean everything very very well. A plastic primer from autozone also helped the paint to stick better. Best of luck...post pics with your on-going project.

+ Reply to Thread