I would think an ARGO 8x8 would serve you best, it has more carrying capacity for extra fuel containers and supplies than the 6x6 vehicles and will give you the best ride and traction since it has two additional wheels and a longer wheelbase, plus the ARGO is built more for industrial use and should be able to stand up to the use you want to put it through better than the Max versions, they are a little cheaper but from what I have seen they are also not as robust as the ARGOs. The newer ARGOs also have a handle bar steering system with a twist grip throttle which is an ergonomically superior set up to the lateral pull handles with pull throttle of the Max, and if you want your passenger to ride up front with you the ARGO makes it easier since you sit to the right to drive and the passenger sits to the left. In a Max you have the steering laterals (pull handles) in the middle of the vehicle so that if a passenger wants to sit up front with you the driver has to scootch to one side or the other and then use the laterals from the side, not the most comfortable set up. Hope these observations help, I have been doing a lot of research myself trying to decide which AATV to go with and this is what I have found so far. I have also test driven both a Max II 6x6 and an ARGO Avenger 8x8 and found the driving set up on the ARGO much more comfortable. ARGO also makes a 6x6 with the same driving set up as the 8x8 if you think you don't need the extra room and cargo capacity of the 8 wheeler. Good luck with your trip, can't wait to see the pictures!