seperating argo tranny question

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: seperating argo tranny question

No problem, i still dont see it but if you feel the price is justified then so be it but.......you can in fact buy oversized bearings or even build up the casing with weld and have it remachined.... i wish you were closer so icould just take your trans and rebuild it myself for half the cost if not less lol
    '99 Conquest 104hp turbocharged intercooled EFI Chevy Sprint conversion
    "Argo 8x8's only" type of guy
    "old school Argo expert"

I wish you were closer too

Hello fellow argonuts, got the new tranny in with new drive chains. The chain tightner is in the middle and when i set the tranny in it was leaning to one side. Everything was down as far as it would go and when i put the chains on the left was so tight i could hardly get it close enough to get the link in with the aid of vice grips.The right was really slack . Then i jacked it up with the adjuster and it leveled out but i am concerned that it is to tight and going to put to much strain on the output shaft bearing. Ther is like no slack. I would like some input from you guys.
    Thanks

As long as you are sure that you have the transmission in correctly and that you have the correct (equal) number of links on both chains, you should be fine. Your chain will stretch a good bit in the first couple of hours use. I would use it cautiously for a while, just riding around a tame trail or around the yard, and then check the chain afterwords.

Yes the same number of links (40)tsubaki. the bolts lined up and everything. it was as if the whole tray was leaning. Can't beieve my luck. I've looked everywhere for a used tranny. Bought a new one, installed it, 2days later one came up on kijiji. I didn't even call to see how much.

damn man,you got luck like me.all bad!

+ Reply to Thread