Crazy Question - Best Riding Tire

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Crazy Question - Best Riding Tire

why not put a suspension seat in from tractor supply only 99 dollars and 3 hours of work and now i ride in comfort
    1996 MAX IV ,KUBOTA DIESEL
    MAX II 30HP Bandolero

Quote Originally Posted by countrycummins99 View Post
    why not put a suspension seat in from tractor supply only 99 dollars and 3 hours of work and now i ride in comfort
    That's a good place to start. Also, don't overlook more padding in the seat. Whipper had the upholstery shop put about 6 inches of foam in Godzilla's seat & it is soo cush on the tush. It, too, might help. It might be all you need & in the ballpark of what you want to spend for more comfort.

Bridget

Thank you for your military service from one Vet to another. As far as tires go, the new Argo tires in either 24" or 22" are the softest tires I've ever ridden on in an amphib. They do reasonably well in the mud, and are great swimmers. I run mine at six psi on a 2008 Tracked Argo Frontier, and they are so smooth that it makes the machine feel like it has a suspension. Without the tracks on and at 3psi, its almost like riding in a car.

Quote Originally Posted by countrycummins99 View Post
    When I first bought my Max I could only go about 2 hours before my back and arse were killing me. So, I checked my tires and they were at 7 psi. I lowered the pressure to 1 psi and it was like a whole different animal. Then I installed a suspension tractor seat and with these two mods I can ride all day now with no discomfort. These are the easiest and cheapest things to try, so you may as well give them a shot before spending big money!

+ Reply to Thread