my new max!!

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: my new max!!

not atached to anything but looks like a factory produced mount of some kind

I'm pretty sure that plate wasn't factory, but I'm really not sure why someone added it.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

High, I'm in the mat valley, restoring a early maxII on the pic were the letteral sticks are touching, the serial number is stamped into the frame, they are sequencial numbers, do to my work scedule I can't call REC industries to find what year, from help from others on this forum, mine is a early 70's. That plate is not stock. lots of info on on this forum for chains. Read,read read and go over your machine. Curious, is I may ask(sinse your in Alaska too) what you picked yours up for?? When you find your serial number please post Happy trails...

Look at pics from this forum. They have neat ideas for tops. I would reinforce the winsheild and just put a top cover on it with snaps, back over the roll bar with adjustable nylon straps to anchor it behind. If you inclose the cab you will have issues with the glass fogging due to high humidity and or temp i would imagine. You may also want to build a guard around that winch, seems like the moter is really exposed and i would hate for an alder to wipe it off (just this fairbanks guys opinion)

Heavens, picked it up for 1500 and a left handed ruger mark II 7mm.
    Spookem, built a front roll bar to mount the windshield to and put a plexi glass roof on with a front rack also changed the winch to a bigger one with a roller fairlead, havent had time to build a cove yet, plan on a body band and other stuff this winter did run into a problem the chains and now when i put it in reverse it will go straight but not turn right or left but in forward it turns and moves perfect WTF!! also need a new rear driver side chain too much slack and the adjusters are maxed out u know where to get one? another ? what is a good makuni carb to replace the factory one with? also is there a snorkle for the muff avail? seems like if when i float test it that might b a prob

When you are going in reverse by pulling back on both levers, make sure you push forward hard with one lever when trying to turn in reverse. You may just not be completely engaging the brake on one side?

For chain, search the site. There are a ton of threads on what brand chain lasts the longest and where to purchase it. Your local bearing supply house will be a good source as well.

For the muffler, it will be fine without a snorkle. It will ride out of the water most of the time unless you are making a hard left turn. That won't pose a problem.

+ Reply to Thread