The reason I got into AATVs...Whats yours?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The reason I got into AATVs...Whats yours?

I had no past experience with them, but was looking for an emergency escape vehicle during spring floods. Boats don't work because the roads go under in multiple places. Amphibious vehicles seem like the way to go. I couldn't decide if a 6x6 or a hovercraft would be better, so I bought both. :-) Thats my excuse for buying it, although it is used for recreational purposes and may never be used for emergencies (I certainly hope not). As with most of my hobbies, once I get in, I tend to keep sinking deeper. I have already found a few other 6x6 projects nearby that are tempting me.

I have always personally loved any sort of aatv/snowmobile/other off road recreational vehicle, and have snowmobiled since I was very young, but have only owned snowmobiles. I got my start with aatv's this year when I was given my grandfathers ST/300/D; a machine he has had since '72 or so I believe. He used to take my mother and her sister for rides in it when they were young, like I did with him when I was very young. He hasn't been using it much the past couple of years and, knowing how much I liked it and wanted it, passed it on to me. This is now the first 6x6 I have every owned and can't wait to do a complete restoration on it to bring it back to life!

Anyways, that's my $.02...

Bought my Argo to use at our fishing cabin in Canada, we have to carry everything including the outboard 5 miles back to the lakes on the Island. My dad is 66 and loves to fish and can no longer make the hike. I always wanted an Argo picked one up its a blast and it is unstopable.

cause it's the cool thing to do!

While growing up, I would frequently see them during dirt bike rides.
    It helped to be minutes from tru-way.
    The "Cool" people had them.

Forward to recent. I am making up for lost time by having a couple!

When I was about 7, my friend's father had one. He'd hook up some sleds in the winter and drag the neighborhood kids around every time it snowed. Other than G.I. Joe, he was the only person I had ever known to have one. I started researching them when I got online back in the 90s. I've had about a dozen in my possession since.
    Banned

I wanted an all-purpose vehicle to replace several single purpose ones. My Max IV serves as my fishing boat, snow plow and trail rider now, so dumped the garden tractor, the fishing boat and the quad. Couldn't be happier with it.

Saw my first 6x6 when I was 19. I can't be like everyone. I have to be different. I didn't get my first one until I was 44. I am hooked. I just wish people would stop tail gating me when I am trailering my Max.

I was looking also for some family fun. I start as a kid with gokarts then bikes, 250r 3wheeler to the age about 25.
    One day I was look for parts for a Jeep I was working on, and some how I saw 6x6 world. I loved the videos and said to my family this is it.
    My wife at the time sarted a new job in Jefferson Ohio, witch was the next town from Bud Fischers track where 6x6 race is.

I'm hooked.

I like to say to all with videos on 6x6, thank you for a much need family fun.

Some people like to go fast. I like to take my time and go everywhere. I have an eight wheel argo and carry, chain saw, food and tarps, so I can camp where ever I want.

Slim

+ Reply to Thread