anyone hve an idea on how to make a run-flat tire?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: anyone hve an idea on how to make a run-flat tire?

Quote Originally Posted by covey_bob View Post
    what is slime tubeless?
    SLIME – Worldwide Leader in Tire Care – Repairing a flat tire? Slime Tire & Tube Sealant » Catalog » Catalog Products » Slimepro Tubeless Sealant- For UST and Conversion Bikes (10112)

Quote Originally Posted by spookum View Post
    Silly question: how does it work at below zero F? Does it pool on one side of the tire and freeze?
    My guess is the Anti-Freeze keeps it from freezing. Also, I believe Tire Slime does not freeze, although it does thicken up a bit.

RD

There are places that will fill your tire with foam and make it puncture proof. I priced it a couple of years back for another project and it was quite pricey, although these are small tires so it may be more affordable. I think it also makes the tires heavy and hard, not something desirable when you're looking for the tires to help you float and absorb shocks.

we have a machine at work for packing our equipment when we ship it and it uses a urethane 2 part foam. we have done some fun stuff with it and if you spray it into a tire it will expand and fill the whole tire up but I bet it would ride like crap. you can do the same thing with the foam they sell for insulating your house that comes in a red and yellow spray can.

In Michigan out annoying the neighbors in something that has a motor in it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Doctor View Post
    Tire Sealant

1 part Latex mold builder
    1 part Slime tubeless
    1 part cheap antifreeze
    2 parts water (Work your way up. 2 parts water may be to runny/thin)
    Some "Glitter" to help plug holes

RD
    HINT:

I use a BIG syringe to put the stuff in the tire, AFTER removing the schrader valve from the valve stem.
    Only use HALF of the Antifreeze in the mix.
    After you have the mixture in the tire, push the other half of the antifreeze through the open valve stem, it washes all the mixture down/off the threads and the schrader seats better.
    The trouble with retirement is.... I never get a day off !!!!

+ Reply to Thread