How is all of the Terra Tiger projects going?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How is all of the Terra Tiger projects going?

Quote Originally Posted by eddieb1965 View Post
    Havent seen any updates,tells me that putting money and effort into a sub par machine just didnt work out somehow.I still have my Argo and it is a very capable machine,cannot say the same about the 2 TT's I have owned.I can say that my Sierra had a ground clearance issue,Sidewinder had a body flex and chain alignment issue,my Wedge had a weight and funky chain adjustment procedure and a weak 90 degree gearbox,Swamp Fox was to wide,2 Chapparrals had weak ABS bodys,Amphi-Cat I had was also a very weak ABS body,1 Scrambler had dry clutches that came apart and had no reverse. Just a few I remember and the weaknesses they had,this is just for reference and if someone actually loves any of these machines that is their perogative,but I wouldnt waste the time on any of them.....
    Threads like this are a big part of why this site is in decline. There is enough negativity in the world. this site is meant to help people, not to bash them.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

The same can be said of my classics cars. My mustang runs great but uses gas like there is no tomorrow, the power steering is something out of the Middle Ages, after a couple of hours in the seat my back feels like I will never walk again. My Falcon has a bench seat in it that lets me sink so far down I feel like a little kid behind the wheel of an 18 wheeler, the brakes on both cars fade when stopping at a high rate of speed. Suspensions on both are borderline safe even with new parts. Compared to today's cars they are of Stone Age design, but you know what? They are SUPER COOL and I love to drive them! All of the machines have their quirks, as the sport progressed the quality of design was improved, but there still is a place for the older machines. It all depends on taste and what your purpose is for the machine. Ramrodding out in the woods can be done with all of them but if you want something more reliable when you are out deep in the woods then I would agree a newer machine might be the way to go but to bad mouth the older machines is just weak. I would hate to think that someday a young person will say, "Grandpa can't get around the way he used to and he can't lift very much anymore so lets just put him in a home and forget about him". "Let's just forget about all of the contributions he made to society".

When someone asks for advice on how to repair or restore an old machine, "Junk it, or sell it" is not the advice they were asking for.
    "Racing is life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

Quote Originally Posted by racerone3 View Post
    Threads like this are a big part of why this site is in decline. There is enough negativity in the world. this site is meant to help people, not to bash them.
    It's not only this site, it seems you have to be part of the elite or "it" crowd to be able to join in or get any help no matter where you go. I try and share what I can no matter where I'm at but it's frustrating, last year at this time it seemed no matter where you went people were nice and it was more of a community. Oh well, life goes on.
    DanW

Quote Originally Posted by smudvapor View Post
    The same can be said of my classics cars. My mustang runs great but uses gas like there is no tomorrow, the power steering is something out of the Middle Ages, after a couple of hours in the seat my back feels like I will never walk again. My Falcon has a bench seat in it that lets me sink so far down I feel like a little kid behind the wheel of an 18 wheeler, the brakes on both cars fade when stopping at a high rate of speed. Suspensions on both are borderline safe even with new parts. Compared to today's cars they are of Stone Age design, but you know what? They are SUPER COOL and I love to drive them! All of the machines have their quirks, as the sport progressed the quality of design was improved, but there still is a place for the older machines. It all depends on taste and what your purpose is for the machine. Ramrodding out in the woods can be done with all of them but if you want something more reliable when you are out deep in the woods then I would agree a newer machine might be the way to go but to bad mouth the older machines is just weak. I would hate to think that someday a young person will say, "Grandpa can't get around the way he used to and he can't lift very much anymore so lets just put him in a home and forget about him". "Let's just forget about all of the contributions he made to society".

When someone asks for advice on how to repair or restore an old machine, "Junk it, or sell it" is not the advice they were asking for.
    Well said my friend. It’s interesting to see the history of these machines much like going to a car show. Technology wasn’t the best back then but we had to start somewhere and it’s interesting to see how they evolved over the years. Not to mention all the cool relics that people have modified or restored.
    What it lacks in ground clearance it makes up for with traction.

Call it what you will bashing or whatever,If someone told me they are getting a great deal on a xxx machine that only needs tires,What would I say? Dont put money for tires,wheels,adapter plates into a machine you will not see a return on if you sell it.Next if you procede you will have a xxx that has new tires and wheels that doesnt even have a reverse,or a weak as hell body that wont be watertight. If real world advise hurts then toughen up.This will probably be my last post as I sure wont sugar coat someone putting hard earned money into something that fixed up to the max still doesnt perform well...Administrator please delete my 418 posts as well as my account,as my stay on this site has run its coarse...

Call it what you will bashing or whatever,If someone told me they are getting a great deal on a xxx machine that only needs tires,What would I say? Dont put money for tires,wheels,adapter plates into a machine you will not see a return on if you sell it.Next if you procede you will have a xxx that has new tires and wheels that doesnt even have a reverse,or a weak as hell body that wont be watertight. If real world advise hurts then toughen up.This will probably be my last post as I sure wont sugar coat someone putting hard earned money into something that fixed up to the max still doesnt perform well...Administrator please delete my 418 posts as well as my account,as my stay on this site has run its coarse...
    This comment would require different advice. If a person is thinking about buying a machine but hasn't actually spent the money on it then (depending on what they wanted to do with it) I would probably steer them towards waiting until they found something better to start with. What I was talking about in my prior posts is when the purchase has already been made and they are committed to fixing their new machine up. There is a big difference. You have to know what it is like to have spent money on something and be frustrated when trying to get if running because your knowledge of the machine isn't that good. To get help you get on this or any other site dedicated to a hobby and when you ask for "real world" advice someone says "junk it' or "sell it". After getting advice like that what would prevent someone from saying that this site isn't worth staying on? They don't give real advice or help they just cause me more irritation. Are you truly having trouble understanding what we are talking about? This seems like a no brainer to me.
    "Racing is life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

Havent seen any updates,tells me that putting money and effort into a sub par machine just didnt work out somehow.I still have my Argo and it is a very capable machine,cannot say the same about the 2 TT's I have owned.I can say that my Sierra had a ground clearance issue,Sidewinder had a body flex and chain alignment issue,my Wedge had a weight and funky chain adjustment procedure and a weak 90 degree gearbox,Swamp Fox was to wide,2 Chapparrals had weak ABS bodys,Amphi-Cat I had was also a very weak ABS body,1 Scrambler had dry clutches that came apart and had no reverse. Just a few I remember and the weaknesses they had,this is just for reference and if someone actually loves any of these machines that is their perogative,but I wouldnt waste the time on any of them.....
    I thought that most of this was helpful for beginners, however the couple sentences turned it negative. Not everyone can afford a new Argo or even a good one. Repairing an abused or neglected machine can turn someone away from the machines and end up with thoughts much like yours with the TT regarding a money pit Argo.

I guess they need to find out for themselves then,I give practical 1st hand advice.If someone wants to try the old learning curve again,More power and speed to them,hope they make the curve...
    I agree, all advice is appreciated by users if positively expressed.

Administrator please delete my 418 posts as well as my account,as my stay on this site has run its coarse...
    I'd hate to see that but if that is your decision, good luck, you didn't mention selling the Argo so that is a good thing.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

How about we change the subject now:

Anyone have any fish puns let minnow
    ST400R ATTEX(Smiley)
    500 Super Chief

I love the smell of Blendzall in the morning

Change of subject, Mr. Andy, my friend in Santee, CA said he was going to dig a well because there was NO WAY IN LLEH that his wife would only use 55gal of water a day. I heard that San Francisco is now every day washing off the human waste from there sidewalks. I left California in 99, what the lleh happened to that state.

Quote Originally Posted by Andyman View Post
    How about we change the subject now:

'Can't do it right now: I have a terrible haddock.

Anyone have any fish puns let minnow
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

+ Reply to Thread