New members, introduce yourself here

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 201 of 722 FirstFirst ... 101 151 191 199 200 201 202 203 211 251 301 701 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,010 of 7214

Thread: New members, introduce yourself here

Hi J, welcome to the site.

Hi my name is dan i live in pleasant grove utah 84062
    i have two 6x6 dont know the make or model
    one with a blown engine the other needs major work
    one is a 2 passenger the other is a one seater

rebuilt max IV almost done

I bought a 1995 Max IV at an auction and stripped it down to bare bones.
    Put new bearings, sockets, chains, and all fresh paint. Even split the
    T-20 and rebuilt it. Should be good as new when I'm done. Never rode it,
    But I can't wait.

Welcome to the site.

Dan, if you can post a picture of your six wheelers I'm sure someone can help you identify them, or, you could look in the gallery and find pictures of one that is similar to yours.

cjysdy, it sounds like you should have a great machine when you are done that will give you hours of trouble free riding. Plus, you will already know the machine inside and out if anything were to ever go wrong.

Welcome to the site Dan and cjysdy,
    Dan, I wonder what the single seater is? Could it be a old attex racer? Curiousity is killing me. Can you post a picture?

cjysdy, Im sure you are so excited to drive it. Sounds like it should be trouble free when your done. Congrats on your purchase and rebuild!

1.jpgBody2.jpgBody1.jpgHello everyone. I am Rusty McClinton. I am an Offshore Rig Manager. My son owns an Argo and he knew I was interested in a 6X6. He bought me a 1973 (I think) Attex Wildwolf for my birthday about 2 years ago. I think he paid $50.00 for. It had 4 tires left that were flat. It had water in the tub and the frame was rusting away. The JLO engine was locked up. I fell in love with it! To date, I think, I have around $3,000.00 invested in it and have only rode the frame which I put together outside of the body to insure everything working. I had a board setting on the battery for a seat. After a few beers and a mud hole, I got all the bugs out. (Damn, with no body, those 6 wheels can throw some mud) Wish I had filmed it. I have since stripped the frame back down and this time home from offshore, I should be able to put everything back together as it should be. Will be sure to submit pictures and comments.
    Later,
    Last edited by rustyazalie; 11-08-2010 at 04:07 AM. Reason: still learning how!
    Rusty McClinton

Quote Originally Posted by rustyazalie View Post
    Attachment 5912Attachment 5910Attachment 5911Hello everyone. I am Rusty McClinton. I am an Offshore Rig Manager. My son owns an Argo and he knew I was interested in a 6X6. He bought me a 1973 (I think) Attex Wildwolf for my birthday about 2 years ago. I think he paid $50.00 for. It had 4 tires left that were flat. It had water in the tub and the frame was rusting away. The JLO engine was locked up. I fell in love with it! To date, I think, I have around $3,000.00 invested in it and have only rode the frame which I put together outside of the body to insure everything working. I had a board setting on the battery for a seat. After a few beers and a mud hole, I got all the bugs out. (Damn, with no body, those 6 wheels can throw some mud) Wish I had filmed it. I have since stripped the frame back down and this time home from offshore, I should be able to put everything back together as it should be. Will be sure to submit pictures and comments.
    Later,
    Looks like that'll be a really nice machine! I had a Max II that someone cut the body off and it got you sooooooo muddy after you took it out on the trails. Since then, its been restored and it has a body.......which is the best move I could have ever made. Welcome to the site!
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

How's it going guys and gals. I just purchased my first AATV it's a 1978 MAXII with some really bad tub damage and I am working on trying to get it straightened out.

Welcome to the site Rusty and golpher76!

Hello everyone, My name is Mike I live in Waco, Tx. I just bought my first AATV. It is a Max II with a 18HP Briggs engine and i think it was new in 96. I bought it off of craigst list for $2000. I took it out last weekend and already broke it. I dont have any manuals for it so i not sure what the correct names for each part. So the sprocket coming off the transmission on the drivers side was locked on the rod. I figured out that the rod was not designed to spin and sheard off the cotter pins. This lead to the rod supports to get worn and eventually break. I'm pretty sure it can be fixed. I got the "spockets" off the rod and was wondering what should i use as a bearing? I have a new rod and fixed the supports already.

+ Reply to Thread