New members, introduce yourself here

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 271 of 722 FirstFirst ... 171 221 261 269 270 271 272 273 281 321 371 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,710 of 7214

Thread: New members, introduce yourself here

Hi 6ers
    I picked up a 950(?) Hustler last week. It is to be used to move small boats around the yard and beach at the Half Moon Bay YC. Before it is put into service next year I am tearing it down. So far I can see that the frame has rust. The chains and sprockets look ok. The engine (18hp B&S) starts and sounds good. I ran it around a bit and found the controls work in forward.
    The bad news is, in neutral and rev one side is not shifting even though the diamonds are rotated. Parking brake is frozen open. Kill switch does not work. A few cracks in the tub, Tires are cracked but not flat.

I am looking forward to lots of advice on repairs.
    K-

picture is posted
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by kpike52; 09-01-2011 at 02:34 PM. Reason: add picture

hole in max VI

hi my name is kyle and i have a max VI and i need some help i have a hole on the bottom of the max and can not find a repair kit of it?

Hey Kyle,

How big of a hole are we talking about? The size might determine the best approach for fixing it in the appropriate fashion...

Quote Originally Posted by kpike52 View Post
    The bad news is, in neutral and rev one side is not shifting even though the diamonds are rotated.
    Hey "K",

I would pull the diamond shifter from the transmission on the side that seems to be giving you trouble. I'm willing to bet a jar of hot pickles that you have a broken shift pin on the bottom of that shifter.... On an early Hustler like yours, you'll probably have to wrestle with an internal snap ring underneath the diamond, which holds the shifter to the case.

Good luck...

Thanks. I will put that on the to do list.
    K-

Hi 6ers
    I picked up a 950(?) Hustler last week. It is to be used to move small boats around the yard and beach at the Half Moon Bay YC. Before it is put into service next year I am tearing it down. So far I can see that the frame has rust. The chains and sprockets look ok. The engine (18hp B&S) starts and sounds good. I ran it around a bit and found the controls work in forward.
    The bad news is, in neutral and rev one side is not shifting even though the diamonds are rotated. Parking brake is frozen open. Kill switch does not work. A few cracks in the tub, Tires are cracked but not flat.

I am looking forward to lots of advice on repairs.
    K-

picture is posted
    [IMG][/IMG]
    What you have is a Sidewinder. They were built from the remaining parts after Hustler closed it's doors. They molded tubs in a few different color combinations, but most were the brown lower with a yellow top. The machine is almost Identical to a Hustler 950 with the exception of the entire dash for some reason being cut out leaving the gas tank exposed to view from the drivers seat

There are several of us who have rebuilt Hustler machines and should be able to help with any specific questions you may have
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Check the Hustler section of the forum, because it's basically a Hustler 950 made with different colored body and sold as a Sidewinder as Racerone3 said. That looks a lot like the machine that was on ebay in California.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Thank you. Yes, there is no dash. Do you know if the roll cage came with it?.

Cage looks factory to me.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Thank you. Yes, there is no dash. Do you know if the roll cage came with it?.
    yep, the cage is factory. Also something of a rarity... although not as much as the body color. I'm super jealous of the body and cage

Swift, the one your thinking of from EBAY was missing the back seat/ engine cover... I typically don't have the elephant like memory for machines on EBAY that you do, but the red and white bodied sidewinders are something that stick in my head
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

+ Reply to Thread