for riders who like the dunes GLAMIS..

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast

Thread: for riders who like the dunes GLAMIS..

Very cool video, looks like so much fun! Thanks Wipper

Last edited by whipper-ag; 07-10-2016 at 04:07 PM.

didn't even have a GPS to find that spot..that's what i like about the GLAMIS flats
    their's that cell tower to use as a guide..

Great riding guys! Thanks for sharing! We are going to have to plan another springer run, this time to Glamis

Lewis
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways , cigar in one hand, whiskey in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!!!"

HERE WE GO AGAIN , TO THE GLAMIS FLATS.

Wow wfo, I was stationed at DM AFB in Tucson for five years back in the 70's and never knew about that place. Of course I was in to Kart and dirt bike racing at the time. Awesome vids dude. Really took me back. Now if I can just find my Doobies 8 track tape.....
    Our motto in the Strategic Air Command was "Peace is our Profession". If you don't believe it we'll bomb the hell out of you.

Wow do I miss the Dunes! If I had a machine worthy of running with your group I would make the trip just for the joy of running the dunes again. Whipper as watched your video I remembered one of the most important rules for running in the dunes "NEVER PARK YOUR MACHINE FACING UP HILL". As I watched the video I wondered if this rule applied to a 6x6 with all the available traction. My question was answered in the 1st video when the MaxIV tried to go from a dead stop facing up hill. The machine dug in almost immediately. Seems the rules never change.
    It's hard for someone who has never run in the sand to imagine just how soft this stuff is and what it takes to keep a machine moving.

Great videos guys, I wish I could be there to join you on your next run, but for now I will probably have to settle for the Mud nationals in March.

Last edited by whipper-ag; 07-10-2016 at 04:09 PM.

Nice video Whipper, looked lot a lot of fun
    Last edited by locolouie; 01-08-2015 at 12:51 AM.

We either went by him too fast or something else happened...another razor burns the dust...hmmmm. Lol!!!
    Here at the beach with wfo and its cold....burrrr!!!!!!
    Last edited by wfo2; 12-31-2014 at 11:44 PM. Reason: Trying to post a photo but unabale
    Denise

+ Reply to Thread