Electric start Kawasaki 440 (Arctic Cat)

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Electric start Kawasaki 440 (Arctic Cat)

it looks like an old cat clutch, like the hex type only no hex bushing. I missed on what machine you have. can't tell by pic. is it a trail boss ?

yes it is....in the 70's somewhere...
    A person who says "anything is possible" obviously has never tried to staple jello to a tree....

I think you could use the wider belt on the secondary ... It would open when you put the belt on. If it cant open wide enough the high speed ratio will be lower.

I have an Arctic Cat belt that looks new...it measures 1", I was gonna use that with the Salsbury clutch....but...lol....anyway I have two other clutchs but I have to get them off the parts engines...
    This one....

or this one....

I just don't know what they are....anybody have any educated guesses???
    A person who says "anything is possible" obviously has never tried to staple jello to a tree....

The first one looks like a hex clutch and is the one i would use.
    Is the part where the belt rides hexagonal?
    The second looks like a comet 94c or salbury 770 but its hard to tell.
    When you get them off look for id on the backside.
    Last edited by Bazooo guy; 04-21-2012 at 12:12 PM.

The first one I got apart...it has rollers in it...but they ain't rollin....lol I gotta pull the rest of the shaft off....it's splined on the inside...I found a repair/service PDF file on the clutch...so that will help a bit...lol
    Last edited by Big Sal; 04-21-2012 at 10:29 PM.

Here is the link to the Hex Clutch service manual I found if anyone needs it.....

http://www.nearnorthsnowdrifters.com...x%20Clutch.pdf

Hello If you need any parts including a starter or mount for your 440 kawasaki I have a complete motor for sale or part out good prices

+ Reply to Thread