Kenda Executioner

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Kenda Executioner

Roger ,

The only swiming tires that will fit Matts 9 inch wheels , are either Vampires or Mud bugs . Mud Bugs swim about a 1.5 mph and Vampires swim about 2 mph . This is according to Matt with a GPS , when he water tested both brands of tires on his Mud OX .

Ok, question for the brain trust. The 22" Rawhides that I have on my Hustler will swim. I am definitely going to buy new tires, the plan was to get 25" Goodyears. However; if I knew vampires, or any other aggressive mud tread would swim, I would get them in a heart beat.

Do ya'll think Vampires would swim on a Hustler, keeping in mind that the Hustler is known to be a poor swimmer? I hate to roll the dice for 600 bucks.

That would be a roll of the dice. It does vary from machine to machine w/ same tire. Maybe Matt has some info.. I didn't think the vampires on his argo bigfoot or the mud bugs on the Ox swam acceptably. Since then I guess he staggered the tread direction and got better speed, I don't know. Dan seems to have something going with his IV with the vampires.
    To Invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk. (Thomas Edison)

Quote Originally Posted by mudbug3 View Post
    The Kenda tires you are thinking about buying have some really aggressive lugs on them ,but the tread pattern shape and direction , shows they would hardy swim at all. . On a 12 inch rim , this will pull the Kenda tires down even further , since people have posted that they tend to run short . These tires are also quite heavy,,, thus increasing your amphibs psi on the ground . This is some thing to avoid , when deciding to modify or add any thing to an amphib . Increasing psi on an amphib , increases your chance of getting stuck . I would choose a Maxis Mud Bug tire instead . It swims slow ,muds very well , floats well , and is very close to the advertized tire size . A friend of mine has these tires on his Argo Fronteer ( 25 inch ) and loves them . At a big ATV event , his Argo Fronteer swam past a 750 Kawasaki Brute Force , that had 31 inch , High Lifter , Out law tires on it , as they raced the lenght of the mud pit and back . The large crowd that was on both sides of the long mud pit , went wild with laughter and applause !

http://www.highlifter.com/forum/upfi...35172B23CD.JPG

http://www.highlifter.com/forum/upfi...59B3312166.JPG

I would be interested to hear what design gives the best propulsion (the why)
    and why the Kendas would not? seems to me that they would ?
    which would provide better propulsion the lugs going across the tires or in line?
    I am curious .

and how much extra weight are we actually talking about in regards to footprint psi? seems like we are only talking about 20lbs in total Is this correct?

Hey Pepper, as far as extra weight is concerned, the 26" Executioner tires I found out were going to each weigh about 6 lbs more than the stock Goodyear Super Terra Grip 26's that came on my Hustler 980 BIGFOOT stock. I'm really not concerned with an extra 6lbs per tire because the BIGFOOT is geared down very, very low. When I was towing this huge fallen down tree with it, the stock tires lost traction and the big old 18HP Briggs 694cc flat twin never hesitated spinning all 6 of them on hard packed dirt.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Vampires

Quote Originally Posted by boncrshr View Post
    Ok, question for the brain trust. The 22" Rawhides that I have on my Hustler will swim. I am definitely going to buy new tires, the plan was to get 25" Goodyears. However; if I knew vampires, or any other aggressive mud tread would swim, I would get them in a heart beat.

Do ya'll think Vampires would swim on a Hustler, keeping in mind that the Hustler is known to be a poor swimmer? I hate to roll the dice for 600 bucks.
    It depends on what you want here my friend.I live in swamp city and spend a lot of time in the water and the Vampires will not swim as well as your 22" tires, but they swim at an acceptable pace for me and they are OMG great in the mud and swamp. For me the compromise is worth it! (They will not swim as fast as the 25" Goodyears on your Hustler-so for you the 25" Goodyears may be the best compromise. Also the 25" vampires are 13" wide!!!!! They are big, wide, and heavy!)
    Last edited by mightymaxIV; 02-06-2008 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mightymaxIV View Post
    It depends on what you want here my friend.I live in swamp city and spend a lot of time in the water and the Vampires will not swim as well as your 22" tires, but they swim at an acceptable pace for me and they are OMG great in the mud and swamp. For me the compromise is worth it! (They will not swim as fast as the 25" Goodyears on your Hustler-so for you the 25" Goodyears may be the best compromise. Also the 25" vampires are 13" wide!!!!! They are big, wide, and heavy!)
    And I would imagine that the Vampires ride pretty hard as well. Those 25" Rawhides ride like marshmallows. It is all about compromise......until the absolute perfect AATV tire is made with a super smooth ride, super deep lugs for mud traction, and something that is able to swim fast and skid steer well too. Or you could just get an AATV with tires for extreme mud boggin, one machine for water, one machine for going fast, and another for general trail terrain.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

I think if the Vampires swam at all I would be happy.....as far as width goes, I have 12" wide Kenda Bearclaws on there now, and I have about 1 3/4" to spare from the inside of of the body. I'm sure it would look killer...............

Matts Bigfoot

I've got good footage of Matts Bigfoot with Vampires on it. Don't forget he had a Bandolero Engine in it.50HP or something... That thing with him at the controls did what ever he wanted and some!!!! Rick

Jp, I think you have solved this problem. Everyone needs at least four machines. Who wants to have to change out tires all the time?

+ Reply to Thread