Need leads for HDPE rollers with bearings

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Need leads for HDPE rollers with bearings

I think Micmac's running into the same problem I am, Lewis. On the rear chains of the Hustler there's not enough room between the frame rails and the bottom of the body to use even a thirteen tooth idler. The original rollers aren't that good and tend to crumble after a while.
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Don is right. Plus I don't have enough clearance between my mounts and linkage for the t-20 shifters on the drive chain as well.
    "Don't worry my Dad's a TV repairman, he has an excellent set of tools..I can fix It"

here are my finished rollers. ended up only needing to go 0.004 bigger on the I.D. of the Roller than the O.D. of the bung to get them to roll nice and smooth. Shawn (my "work for beer" machinist) is working on getting a price per unit for those interested in a set. I had to pay for the stick of Delrin ($67 for 14 inches) and he did the work for me. we are also going to look at other materials for both price, and function reasons although i think the Delrin is going to work out really well.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Those look very good Brian.

" I had to pay for the stick of Delrin ($67 for 14 inches) "
    Brian, not sure exactly what grade of Delrin was avail but here are a few popular choices around my shop. McMaster/Carr 8576k29 is 2" dia. @ $ 16.46/ft. and a glass filled resin grade 8719k17 2" dia. is avail @ $ 42.69/ft. I believe deliery on a credit card purch. is aprox. $ 5.00. Not a huge savings, but $ is $. Joe.

Also, for a little more info (confusion,decisions that need made) go to mcmaster.com and search for 8747kac it's some tech data. Joe

micmac go to mcmaster.com and search for cat. pg. # 3498 it is an overview of polyurethane type matl's. I know this stuff is much "softer" than Nylon/Teflon/Delrin. Not sure how it would fare in a chain tension roller application as opposed to say, Delrin. Joe.

Joe, I'm not sure the actual makeup of the stuff we used, but it is ultra high wear. we use it for skid stops on the race cars. you can drag it on the track for 500 miles and only see a sixteenth of wear. we went to this from a product called Jabrock because this stuff is also very low friction.

it's probably overkill for my application, but it was in the rack!
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Thanks Joe I'll check it out. I was planning on HDPE as that's what the originals where made of. If there are better materials I'd be game to use them

Mike
    "Don't worry my Dad's a TV repairman, he has an excellent set of tools..I can fix It"

just a thought that kinda looks like a skate board wheel. i wonder?

+ Reply to Thread