New members, introduce yourself here

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 316 of 722 FirstFirst ... 216 266 306 314 315 316 317 318 326 366 416 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,160 of 7214

Thread: New members, introduce yourself here

Thanks for the info.! I'll give them a call when I get it apart.
    Laz

Hello from Delaware

Hi, I've been reading/researching on this board for months and finally joined a few weeks ago after purchasing my first AATV, an older MaxIV....I have to say that the members on this board seem to be the most helpful of all the various internet boards I've come across...You guys really demonstrate that you want this hobby to spread as much as possible....Mike, you do a great job...I really liked your video on Max axle/bearing replacement....

Thanks to everybody that makes this board great and I look forward to being a "helpful" contributor.......

Daryl

Hi Daryl, welcome to the site (officially) and thanks for the kind words. The people in this hobby and on this board are great.

Making the jump from two wheels to SIX!

Hello- My name is Mike and I live in New Hampshire. I've been riding dirt bikes since I was 8 yrs old. Three years ago i got back in and I baught a 4 stroke trail thumper in hopes of reliving fun memories of being in the woods with freinds and riding all day. However, I find myself riding alone and not as much fun! My daughter is 5 and really wants to come with me. I just discovered such a thing as "six wheelers" and was hooked from there. Bike is for sale locally and I'm looking to buy a used argo or max. I have no clue about operating or maintenance and only seen one in person once with no engine. They just don't seem to be around New England? I found two deelers in ME and MA but for past four months, had no used inventory? Anyone live in New England or any suggestions to find good, running, sixe wheeler? I despise craigs list but havn't even seen any there in my area. Hoping to get off the couch and back into woods soon. Any advice for buying, suggestions for models or things to look out for is appreciated. Thats all for now! Thanks

Thanks for the great site. My name is Joe, I was introduced to the site by The Buggyman. I'm a fan of the Attex. Mine has been out of commission due to someone stripping parts off of it but I picked up a few machines over the winter (yes, it was the three in the U.P. of Michigan). Hope to be back up running this summer after leading some other projects -electric hybrid quadricycle conversion and US FIRST robot.

Mike and Joe, welcome to the site.

Hi guys. My name is John from Calumet Michigan. I'm not into six/eight wheelers. Not yet anyway. What I do have is a 1973 Cushman Trackster. I've had it for several years and haven't used it much. Kind of preserving it. It previously belonged to the Michigan State Police. A tech would use it to service radio towers in the winter. They opted for a new 8 wheeler with tracks. Upon purchase of the Trackster the State of MI. went right thru it. The old 2 cycle engine was replaced with a Kohler 25 Command. A roll bar was added along with a winch. New tracks, bogies, torsilastics etc. It is painted State Police blue and has the State Police emblem on the hood. I might want to sell it. I can offer photos to anyone interested. You can email me at john9712@sbcglobal.net. I look at this sight often and am impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by meld0gga View Post
    Hello- My name is Mike and I live in New Hampshire. I've been riding dirt bikes since I was 8 yrs old. Three years ago i got back in and I baught a 4 stroke trail thumper in hopes of reliving fun memories of being in the woods with freinds and riding all day. However, I find myself riding alone and not as much fun! My daughter is 5 and really wants to come with me. I just discovered such a thing as "six wheelers" and was hooked from there. Bike is for sale locally and I'm looking to buy a used argo or max. I have no clue about operating or maintenance and only seen one in person once with no engine. They just don't seem to be around New England? I found two deelers in ME and MA but for past four months, had no used inventory? Anyone live in New England or any suggestions to find good, running, sixe wheeler? I despise craigs list but havn't even seen any there in my area. Hoping to get off the couch and back into woods soon. Any advice for buying, suggestions for models or things to look out for is appreciated. Thats all for now! Thanks
    On the Home Page you will find a HOW TO section. As you scroll down you will find a General section and then a"Buyers Guide" this will help you on your journey to pick a Good machine. Another helpful item is to find someone in you area to go with you that has owned one of the machines and is familiar with their operation. The goal of this is to get you the machine that you want and not overpay for it. It makes me ill when i see someone get ripped. We are a small community and as you will see, the members are very helpful. These machines have their ins and outs and to a new person just starting it is like a maze. We want your AATV experience to be everything you are expecting it to be. IF.... you want a fixer upper they are there, if you want a new one they are there also. But when you choose you need to understand the cost involved with buying a used machine and your mechanical abilities. If you are mechanically inclined then you will just need to know what all this stuff costs. A little knowledge about the machines will go a long way in you wallet.

Hope this helps and glad you choose to join one of the best sites on the net. Hope to see you on the trails on a ride someday.

PS. We race these machines also! Check at the Ashtabula 6x6 racing section.

new to 6x6

Hey All, Just ventured into the world of 6x6. Hope I can learn about these things. Have 6 four wheelers- just got my first Max II . Does anyone know of a diesel powered one ? I already want to convert it. Guess you can tell I'm a diesel mechanic. Any how can't wait for my first ride. Need one drive chain and I'm set. See Ya'all on the trails!

Johnny5--out

Welcome fellow diesel mechanic...warning..this is an addictive sport. lol
    I have officially caught the 6-wheel-sickness!!

"If your gonna be dumb, you better be Tough!"

"I have done so much, with so little, for so long, that I'm now capable of doing practically anything with virtually nothing...."

BUY AMERICAN..or...BYE AMERICA!!!

+ Reply to Thread