New members, introduce yourself here

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 383 of 722 FirstFirst ... 283 333 373 381 382 383 384 385 393 433 483 ... LastLast
Results 3,821 to 3,830 of 7214

Thread: New members, introduce yourself here

Hi Barry, welcome to the forums.

ok... Here goes... First post... My name is Norm, From Buffalo, N.Y.....( yes, approx 10 miles from Recreative) Recently purchased a 83 MaxII. Kawi powered and in absolutely great condition... Far too much to list as far as re-done / re bulit, parts etc.... Even has a nuwer Square headlamp body top and tub ! I have been reading quite a few post's on here, and what great bunch of people,,, and all extremely polite, friendly and helpful about the 6x6 world of fun... So we have been able to get a couple runs on it and i have an intermittant issue that that i'm sure one or more of you can help with, 1st weekend out, occaisionally, maybe 1 time out 5, From a "stop" at the bottom of a hill, it "will not go". It just wouldn't get the rpm's up... so after a little research on the "new fuel line" from the prior owner...found a primer bulb installed in the fuel line backwards, didn't see any need for that bad boy anyway, so out it went, and although seems to run a lot better .. but same prob still at the hill......after Backing down, or a slight roll back and a " little" feathering of the gas and then let rip and it goes right up... No other signs of any issues anywhere else... Some background on myself... My First Max.. but definatley not my "1st rodeo with stuff with engines", on the road, off the road or especially in the water.... Thanks again, for all the help so far and for any help in the future.

Hi Norm, welcome to the forums. Since your post is technical you may want to try starting a thread in the Max forum, outside of the introduction thread. But just two guesses at the problem. The first would be to make sure that you are holding both sticks forward with a good amount of pressure. Even though you probably have springs helping to keep the sticks forward, they aren't always enough to keep the transmission fully engaged. Start with that. Otherwise I would look at the clutches / belt to see if you are getting slippage.

Quote Originally Posted by Searay View Post
    ok... Here goes... First post... My name is Norm, From Buffalo, N.Y.....( yes, approx 10 miles from Recreative) Recently purchased a 83 MaxII. Kawi powered and in absolutely great condition... Far too much to list as far as re-done / re bulit, parts etc.... Even has a nuwer Square headlamp body top and tub ! I have been reading quite a few post's on here, and what great bunch of people,,, and all extremely polite, friendly and helpful about the 6x6 world of fun... So we have been able to get a couple runs on it and i have an intermittant issue that that i'm sure one or more of you can help with, 1st weekend out, occaisionally, maybe 1 time out 5, From a "stop" at the bottom of a hill, it "will not go". It just wouldn't get the rpm's up... so after a little research on the "new fuel line" from the prior owner...found a primer bulb installed in the fuel line backwards, didn't see any need for that bad boy anyway, so out it went, and although seems to run a lot better .. but same prob still at the hill......after Backing down, or a slight roll back and a " little" feathering of the gas and then let rip and it goes right up... No other signs of any issues anywhere else... Some background on myself... My First Max.. but definatley not my "1st rodeo with stuff with engines", on the road, off the road or especially in the water.... Thanks again, for all the help so far and for any help in the future.
    Norm, welcome to 6X6World! There are many of us members around the Buffalo, NY. You should come meet up for a ride sometime. I remember seeing your Max a few weeks ago on Craigslist. It has the newer green upper body. From what it sounds like you have a mid 80's Kawasaki TA440A powered machine. That's a good two stroke engine and it must make your max really fly. It sounds like you could use a new fuel filter, a good cleaning of the main and pilot jets in the carburetor (Mikuni carburetor I believe) or the diaphragm fuel pump might need replacing or rebuilt. There are a lot of us around with shops and all the tools you could ever need, so feel free to swing on by!
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Project: Wild Wolf

Glad to be invited to your site. I think that the information that is posted here is great. I bought a 295 Wild Wolf last year and after reviewing the butchering that was done to it. We have decided to change out the 2 stroke for a Kohler 4 stroke. We want to get the machine out there and see what it will do. The guy that owned it before me completely abused it and had no idea what he had. We was to concerned with his crappy four wheeler. I do have some questions about torque converters, throttle cables, and adapter plates. I live in Northeast Ohio and once the machine is running and reliable I would love to come out to one of your events. Thanks for all your posts.

Welcome plantic,

I am in nw pa and do a lot of back and forth to ne oh. We have a big get together at pine lake in ashtabula once or twice a year for some racing and trail riding. You are in a good location to become addicted to the hobby. If you need some technical advise start a thread in the attex forum or where ever is appropriate.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

PLANTC,welcome to the site.

Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by PLANTC View Post
    Project: Wild Wolf

Glad to be invited to your site. I think that the information that is posted here is great. I bought a 295 Wild Wolf last year and after reviewing the butchering that was done to it. We have decided to change out the 2 stroke for a Kohler 4 stroke. We want to get the machine out there and see what it will do. The guy that owned it before me completely abused it and had no idea what he had. We was to concerned with his crappy four wheeler. I do have some questions about torque converters, throttle cables, and adapter plates. I live in Northeast Ohio and once the machine is running and reliable I would love to come out to one of your events. Thanks for all your posts.
    There have been quite a few members that have done 4 stroke conversions in Attexes. One word of warning, NEVER EVER deal with Richard Clark/Route6x6. He had burned, many, many new people in the 6x6 community. His prices are ridiculously high, his parts are inferior quality, his customer service is horrible, and his shipping and "handling" charges are through the roof. If you're going to be getting throttle cables and choke cables and other miscellaneous parts like that, you can go directly through Recreatives......they make the Max AATVs. Amphibious Six-Wheel Drive All-Terrain Vehicles: MaxATVs - Call 1-800-255-2511 For clutching you can get used units by placing a wanted ad on 6X6World or you can go through Snowmobile Parts, Go Kart Parts, Lawnmower Parts, ATV Parts, and more | MFG Supply If you need adapter plates you can get them for $15 and some change from Adair Argo or make them yourself with the template here on 6X6World. There's 3 to 5 adapter plates and 3 to 4 lug adapter plates.

http://www.6x6world.com/forums/conte...e-adapter.html

http://www.6x6world.com/forums/conte...g-adapter.html

Welcome to the site and good luck with the project. We'll all help you out and you'll be up and running before you know it.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Good Morning from Michigan Guys and Gals,
    1st post on the site. Stumbled on this site and I am so glad I found it. As my profile indicates I bought my MAX IV new in 2001. Me, and my family, absolutely love OUR MAX. My son was born in 1999 and we would put his car seat in the back and travel the oil field two trackers in northern MI. He wouldn't sleep in his crib but he would sleep in his "smooth" max ride. He is now 13 and now he takes Max for rides by himself. Since I have owned Max I have had zero issues. As well as family rides I use the Max for hauling wood, deer, and working over food plots on my property. Looking forward to chatting with you all and of course the fellowship of AATV owners.

Welcome!

+ Reply to Thread