Custom build questions

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Custom build questions

Frame is gonna be an even 8'... The tires will probably be 25" I figured 27.5-28 on the spacing because in looking at & measuring a 25" Maxis Bighorn on my Rokon, it's sitting at about 25 1/2 inches...trying to think ahead, whatever tires I end up getting I want to make sure I'll have enough clearance.

If you stick with 26 inches you can run 26 or 25 in tires they always are 1/2 in smaller than thier advertised diameter this will give you 9 inches from the rear axle to the end of frame same in the front.
    Your tires should stick out 16 in past the frame front and rear. What rpm does your motor produce the most torq? and what is the top torq. What chains will you run? what is the biggest sprocket you can get on the axle?

Why 16" I'm not sure on the torque but Noel says it's a torque monster, the website has it listed at 45 N.m at 2500 rpm, however that translates out...
    I'm probably going to use the stock tooth count & chain size as the Avenger for a starting point...right now I'm thinking on running the frame about 3 1/2 foot wide but nothing is set in stone yet except the transmission & engine. I'm driving a truck semi local at present, so I'm home every evening...that way I can get most of my pondering out of the way & do the eyeball calculations when I get home.

ETA: my reading comprehension sucks...grin...when I first read the 16" I thought you meant from the ends of the tub...thanks Chris

45 newton meters is 33.19 fpt thats not a great amount but it beats the heck out of some of the briggs and koller motors. What speed do want to calc for at 2500 rpm with 25 in tires.

Quote Originally Posted by chris davison View Post
    What speed do want to calc for at 2500 rpm with 25 in tires.
    I heard a rumor that there are actually people alive that can do that.. I figured I'd have to play swap the sprockets once I got everything done.
    OK...the old Argo had a serial number of TB1774 but when I called they said it was missing a number, which it is not, because the ID tag is in pristine shape. The transmission has the numbers 4545G stamped on top. Gear ratios for high & low aren't known... I figure maybe 10 mph would be sufficient in high BUT that's where the unknowns come into play...I've GOT to have enough oomph that the wheels will not stop turning regardless of the incline & altitude (within reason) BUT then again, there's nothing quite as rewarding as seeing your bud white knuckle the grab bar...

you might have to gear up a little the original motor more than likely was a 3600 rpm motor with a lot less torq any specs. for the original? it probubly went 20 mph

The original engine had no markings I could find, but I'm guessing it was around 16 hp. This is the engine I bought... http://fei853.en.ec21.com/V_twin_Die...3_3173190.html it's supposed to top out at 3600... I'm figureing the stock gearing might be pretty close to where I want to be so that's where I'm gonna start...

+ Reply to Thread