99 Conquest Chevy Sprint Engine Swap

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: 99 Conquest Chevy Sprint Engine Swap

Beeman,

I am Glad you started this thread, Hopefully Ozzy will let us all know about that adapter for the clutch soon so we can see where to go from here. I am seriously looking to get one of these done, I have an Engine that could be used but wanted to look at the Multiport and what other members might have to say about putting that one in first before I go too far with a carbed engine.

I wish I was going the Diesel route because I know more about them then I will ever know about gas engines but the higher RPM's seem to be really important when it comes to top end on a t-20, so enter the GEO...

BTW thanks for starting this thread, it should be a good one
    Every time I have to push 1... I buy 10 more bullets

I went to correct myself, In my last post I said I was interested in what Ozzy found out with the machined clutch mount and it was actually Mark M that posted that he had made one.. any way the thread was re-hijacked I guess. and for all purposes, I still stand corrected...lol

So any way MARK M... Still would like to know if the adapter works out and what clutch you would put to it to make the assembly work? any thoughts or imput would be great as I am getting together a build list to try this one out while I am waiting for the last application of ABS bondo to dry on my current Attex project.

kubota clutch mount 1.jpggeo clutch mount 1.jpggeo clutch mount 2.jpgkubota clutch mount 2.jpgOK. I have added a few pictures to the gallery. These pictures are a solidworks rendering as I do not have the actual machined parts anymore.

The pictures are a little out of order. The first and the last one are for a Kubota three cylinder engine and the middle two pictures are for a Geo Metro engine made for Mad Max to mount a 2 stroke clutch. You can clearly see the pilot diameters I was refering to in my earlier post.
    Last edited by mark m.; 03-17-2011 at 12:34 PM. Reason: further explaination

Just to add to Mark's post....

The final product produced from pictures 1 and 4 turned out reeeeeal nice. Big 5 thanks you.

~m

Mark, Those look great, Solid works always does a really good job of explaining things. I may be reading too much into the pictures but it looks like the GEO one has a tapered shaft? I have not looked at alot of 2 stroke clutches but is it tapered?

I guess the last question I could ask is: Does the Geo one come complet with a new can of awesome sauce? lol, Just kidding but, Seriously, please do PM me what you would want to make one for me as well. I am going to need it for my upcomming ULTIM8 project...

Quote Originally Posted by vanmeterj1 View Post
    Mark, Those look great, Solid works always does a really good job of explaining things. I may be reading too much into the pictures but it looks like the GEO one has a tapered shaft? I have not looked at alot of 2 stroke clutches but is it tapered?

I guess the last question I could ask is: Does the Geo one come complet with a new can of awesome sauce? lol, Just kidding but, Seriously, please do PM me what you would want to make one for me as well. I am going to need it for my upcomming ULTIM8 project...

The one I made for Mad Max is indeed tapered, 10:1 taper to be exact. He wanted it tapered for the 2 stroke clutch. 4 stroke will have straight shaft.

I will PM you later.

if i get off my lazy but this weekend i will get some photos for every one of that adaptor
    they dont call me mad because im angry!!!!! im just a little crazy thats all!!!!

argo

The rad is on the clutch side, between the upper body and the lower body over the tires.

Slim
    Attached Images

Playing in the hills

Very impresive machine. Thanks for posting the videos and the information.

+ Reply to Thread