Just picked up a Scrambler project.

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Just picked up a Scrambler project.

Quote Originally Posted by 98XJSport View Post
    Next question: The old clutch was small squares attached all the way around the disc. Do I have to do it like that, or can I use a solid ring of clutch material instead?
    Ok so I can't remember the exact year, but a clutch disc off a vw beetle works as a great alternative. Just trim it up, cut it in half, and jbweld it on.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

You can use a solid ring but you should make cross cuts on the new material to help shed any water, dust and dirt from between the discs. Also keep the ring approximately the same as inside and outside dimensions as the block arrangement.
    Acta non verba

Today I dropped off the brake plates, hopefuly have new brakes by next weekend. Tried a couple places for the clutches, all the rings I found were actually to small, so I will order a sheet of material tonight and go that route.

I'm actually having a hard time finding tires. I figured that would be the easist part but they don't appear to be in stock anywhere around here.

We have been searching for tires also and the best price we've found is with Route 6X6/Richard's Relics. I know people here have warned us about that site but he has the stock and the best price we've found so take that for what it is. I would be interested to know if anyone knows a better source.

Quote Originally Posted by bborland View Post
    We have been searching for tires also and the best price we've found is with Route 6X6/Richard's Relics. I know people here have warned us about that site but he has the stock and the best price we've found so take that for what it is. I would be interested to know if anyone knows a better source.
    If he has the best price, I would be shocked. I have seen his verbiage and it indicates you are getting a chinese knock off of the tires design you want. Out of curiosity, what was he asking and what tire did he say it was for. He refuses to advertise prices, so it is possible you called him on the 3rd friday before a full moon when he was in a good mood and decided that he needed to sell a set cheap to get some good forum feedback.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Definately curious about the price, best I've found is ~$60/tire before shipping.

Clutch material is on order, and 16 hp Duromax is on order. New side plate is shipping soon. Brakes are in a shop, and a heavy equipment store has #40 chain on hand. Wheels will be here any day, and wheel adapters just need to be cleaned up. Going to try one more time locally for tires, if not I will be ordering some online.

So 420 chain vs 40 chain... I know 420 is stronger but my concern is that I can't find any without ordering it. And if something happens, it breaks or I need a half-link or something I won't be able to get it without ordering it. Is there much of a difference that makes running 420 worth risking the need of extra parts?

I stand corrected on the tires. My brother found them from a place in Iowa for cheaper than Route 6X6. He was quoted at $70/tire.

$60-70 seems to be the going price I think any savings to be found is in the shipping.

I have a bunch of cotter pins are they usually strong enough for this application? I can get hitch pins too but don't think they would fit the hydrolic piston blocks.

Quote Originally Posted by bborland View Post

NEVER deal with Richard Clark. His prices are outrageous, his customer service is horrible, his parts are of very poor quality and his shipping and handling charges are through the roof. There is no way he'd ever offer a low price. Are you looking for just tires, or tires and rims?
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

+ Reply to Thread