My attex 8x8 military trainer

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: My attex 8x8 military trainer

Quote Originally Posted by hydromike View Post
    You've gone out of your way to let us know
    I don't exactly see how I've "gone out of my way" to let people know, and as for the statement "I'm 14, I first drove an AATV when I was 3 years old." I was just replying to a thread.

As for the way you put it as being "transparent", I wouldn't say so much as transparent, than there are certain things I disagree with, and when I try to bring them up in a jokingly matter, people don’t like what I have to say, sure call my posts *“gibberish, and my comments “childish”* I could have expressed my feelings about Argo and Attex in a mature and appropriate manner, but I was just as I said before, trying to bring it up as a joke to see if someone would object, not to have an argument, but a conversation about the two machines and their differences, but because of the fact that I posted on an unrelated(in a way) thread , my opinions are “gibberish”.
    Quote Originally Posted by jpswift1 View Post
    Please don't post jibberish... "childish" "My Ford is better than your Chevy" comments.

I may only be 14, but my opinions are still valid, if you would like me to state them in a "mature and appropriate manner" then I will.

If WE plan on continuing this conversation, might want to start a new thread…

WOW!!!! Look what I did. All I thought I was doing is asking if anyone had upgraded the axles in their attex trainer and I received two pages of your Argo is better than my attex. This makes me wonder why I even post a question on the internet anymore.

Hey Marshgunner,

I was just looking over the newer pictures of the Tank Trainer you posted, and it looks like there are quite a few vertical cracks in the lower tub on at least one side. If you get to upgrading to larger axles (if that's your plan) before Racerone3 does, it would be a great time to incorporate them with a freshly-drilled skid plate. I think that if you were able to wrap a skid plate up each side quite a way, (as well as the front and back) it would go a long way to stiffen them up. You'd basically be tying them all together with a piece of HDPE, and wouldn't have to rely on the weld fix/ ABS goo to hold it alone. I went a couple inches above the axles with my plate, but if you were able to take it a bit further, I think it would be be fantastic. It's a lot of work, but you'd basically be putting a new lower tub on it.

I'm excited to see how many pieces you have to work with once you take the body-band off.

It is almost like you read my mind as to the lower skidplate idea. I am going to try if I can get a big enough piece to go all the way up both sides as well as the front and back of the machine.I just hope that it comes out ad nice as yours and racerone3 skidplates.

I have been trying to get some work done when I get home from work but after working in 40 degree temp during the day ,the 100 degree temp in the evening just kills me. Come on cooler weather!!!!!

I removed the body band last night and it looks like the upper is in five main pieces and a few little pieces. The lower looks to be in one piece with a few little pieces broke off, but I will know more once I remove the frame and axles.

I will try to post some pictures of the puzzle tonight.

I have the hole machine torn down with the frame out and cleaned up waiting for some time to start welding the body back together. I took a trip to see Shane Kearney and pickup a few thing from him like a attexes upper that I can use to patch up me destroyed upper body.

All but two of my axles were bent along with the wheel mounts, so now I will need to think harder about axle upgrades. All of the sprockets are in great shape so I just might save them for something else if I do the axle upgrade. I think will be a long project but should be great when it is done.

glad to see another post from you. I was mounting the last two tires for mine this morning and got to wondering how your project was coming along. I was gonna send you a PM to check in, but you beat me to it. The last guy that started one (before me) here on the board fell off the face of the earth... it's a shame too, his machine looked to have a lot of potential
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by marshgunner View Post
    I took a trip to see Shane Kearney and pickup a few thing from him like a attexes upper that I can use to patch up me destroyed upper body.
    Is the upper you picked up spray painted green? When Shane and I traded some parts earlier this year, I gave him a yellow Thunderchief upper that had green spray paint over most of it. If you did indeed get this upper, be cautious of what you try to graft on to your Tank Trainer upper; the 'Trainer body (ST/400) and the Thunderchief upper are quite a bit different. I don't know that you'll actually do much "grafting", or if you just need small pieces of plastic. Just a heads-up....

Yes that is one of the upper that I picked up. Thanks for the heads up on the fit!! I am hopeing to get some welding done over this weekend and I will try to get some pictures up also.

I had some time today to start some welding, and thought it was going well. I welded a few of the cracks on the outside and then flipped the tub over and everything I welded broke apart. Crap!!!! Back to the drawing board. I will try again tomorrow and hope it goes better.

I am using a airless welder but I have a chance to borrow a air welder. Will that work better on the abs plastic? If this does not work I will just have to cut up a upper I have and make some goo I guess.

+ Reply to Thread