Mid-Engine Max IV

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Mid-Engine Max IV

ASX

Quote Originally Posted by LarryW View Post
    Wow, Mike, looks good!

I tried searching so forgive me if I missed it but what size are those Vampire ASX tires? They sure look nice on there.
    26x13x12 but these tire are really 14 inches wide 36 pounds a piece!

Thanks for the comments.

Quote Originally Posted by evil8x8 View Post
    Don't forget an oil overflow can!!!!!!!
    Evil, I was able to use the high flow filter kit on this motor since I wasn't limited by space. It allows the excess to go back into the carb like a stock motor. There shouldn't be any repeats of Busco for this motor.

very nice!

Looking good , Mike. Jennifer must be pumped. See you got her windshield in to keep the bugs out of her teeth.

Whipper

I got the exhaust back today. I debated between black and aluminum ceramic. Jennifer ruled out black so I went with the ceramic coating. I couldn't let Whipper have the only one on the site It turned out great. McCoy gave me a contact at Airborne Industries (Airborne Coatings) and he did a great job. I put his contact info with the pictures in the gallery.

I also installed an Equus 8068 tach in the dash for her to keep an eye on that Bandolero motor. It connects via an inductive clamp on one of the spark plug wires. It is programmable and able to work with 1,2,3,4,5,6,8,10, and 12 cylinder engines. It is also backlit with 4 color options. It's a very nice tach and I think I paid somewhere in the $70 range for it at O'Rielly auto parts.

Right now the Max is geared very low so the motor will probably be screaming even at lower speeds. I wanted to be able to keep an eye on the RPMs. After the Busco ride I will start playing around with different sprockets.

That exhaust looks killer!!! Did you mount that fan on the T-20?

Quote Originally Posted by evil8x8 View Post
    That exhaust looks killer!!! Did you mount that fan on the T-20?
    That does look like I put a fan there. It's just the cover off of the motor laying there. I pulled the shroud to hook up the tach.

Awesome, Mike. You got skills.

Bridget

How do you like the sound of those headers?
    Jennifer ain't ever getting out of that beast. Looks like your stuck with the little baby Max II.
    Enjoy your test and tune Mike, you may never get to drive it again.
    Super job!

Whipper

dang mike this thing is looking sa-weet!

+ Reply to Thread