The Snow Company Omaha NE

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: The Snow Company Omaha NE

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    You should have thrown your purple hat at it, ninja style.

'Nuff said.

~m
    Last edited by hydromike; 11-07-2010 at 06:59 PM.

I finally clicked the snow company thread and Man, what a bunch of goof ball, lol. Looks great as usual. Nice job race! Looking forward to the video.

A few years back I bought a heald super tryke with the bench seat and bed setup like that. I got it of ebay for $2.50 or some crazy amount of change. I gave it to my dad, along with a odg amphicat b7 forward reverse gear box and a big old cast iron briggs 23d engine and he got it going and driving. He had problems with the throttle cable not returning with the length and bends so we had to drive it around with a string on the throttle hung over out shoulders to give it gas, lol. He has since passed away but that is one of the memories I will never forget.

It looked something like this only mine is pretty rough.

Thanks Larry. I'm having similar throttle issues, but i think i have something now that will work. i've been trying different things (with the back end up on jack stands). i also will remember not to fire it up without the parking brake set. hopefully i can avoid the need for "Ninja hat tricks". i got it almost drivable today. tomorrow i'll get the turning brakes hooked up and get a seat bolted on. i also got all the rot in the bed fixed up and it looks like the weather will cooperate enough to spray the bed and fenders
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

And you said I was in the "Out of Ordinary" group.

Nice resto Race, where have you been hiding this thing. I thought i had seen all you machines?

Hey race,
    Not sure what your planing and your setup. Mine is probably different but I plan a mechanical linkage from the motor down to a lever that would eliminate one near 90 degree bend on my cable. Maybe you already thought of that or tried it? but Im fairly confident it would help on mine.

Ok Race, you have already ran over your self with a Argo, had a fly by with a three wheel scooter. Any more tricks up your sleeve? I nearly fell out of my chair trying to visualize that scooter running amuck at your house and then finding it's way into you Frig. Hope there was no damage, but that was funny.

PS: I only store parts in the frig not whole running machines.......that wasn't the frig that was at my house was it?

Quote Originally Posted by racerone3 View Post
    yesterday afternoon, I was forced to revert back to the old name of "Death Trike". I fired the engine to check out the sound of the new exhaust. throttle return spring broke and as the throttle crept up she took off. i've got a belt on it that is no where close to right and was wondering if it would even work for a test drive... guess that question is answered! i took a swing for the choke as it went flying by and missed. grabbed the rear of the frame and did a little water skiing. managed to get one rear tire off the ground and "steer" it into the shop fridge. glad to have the first crash out of the way with no damage to the machine
    I'm sorry But this is waayyy to funny. As I am trying to type this I have to keep cleaning the screen because i just spit my drink all over the screen. Again Sorry for your mishap, But I'm visualizing this and Just rolling! Ok now back to reality. I think the reason its laughable is I see myself in these same situations. These things happen & will continue to happen to me. This is cool! Ilike the way the Trike is coming along. Great Job so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Haven't you learned anything from Model Citizen? You have to coordinate. Just wear your red shoes I saw you with the other day.

Attachment 5901
    If I wear that in ashtabula, I will REALLY be color cordinating why do my threads always break down into jokes about me in purple
    Attached Images
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryW View Post
    I finally clicked the snow company thread and Man, what a bunch of goof ball, lol. Looks great as usual. Nice job race! Looking forward to the video.

A few years back I bought a heald super tryke with the bench seat and bed setup like that. I got it of ebay for $2.50 or some crazy amount of change. I gave it to my dad, along with a odg amphicat b7 forward reverse gear box and a big old cast iron briggs 23d engine and he got it going and driving. He had problems with the throttle cable not returning with the length and bends so we had to drive it around with a string on the throttle hung over out shoulders to give it gas, lol. He has since passed away but that is one of the memories I will never forget.

It looked something like this only mine is pretty rough.
    Larry, I know about driving machines with shoe lace throttle cables, haha. When I first started working on 6 wheelers a friend and I rigged up a shoe lace throttle to a 11HP Briggs in a Max II........ask some of the Buffalo, NY 6 wheeler guys about that one, it was certainly good for a laugh or two.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

got the Bed, fenders, and tailgated coated with red bed liner this afternoon, sorry Mike, I couldn't find and purple paint to mix in with the tintable bed liner kit

+ Reply to Thread