China AATV

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: China AATV

Smile Buy what your neighbours made if you can

I junk a lot of cars and know the guys really well at a few big scrap yards and they say i dont know but they say over half of the steel they recycle is sent to china and it doesnt have the purity that the steel that stays here does when it leaves they might refine it better but who knows i know i got a china atv for my kids (traded for it it wasnt even put together yet) and it its self dosent seem all that bad but the qualty sucks right down to the motor oil that looked like water i tore the machince down berfore it was ever started and the crude casting and junk left in the block was awfull now their are about 50 companys selling the same thing different name 20% has to be changed to get a new patent and be sold under a different name i know a guy who owns a china atv store and he can get parts really quick the main reason i know him is because some one traded a 02 max iv in and i am trying to buy it but they are worth a gamble sometimes but it will break and it will be a pain in the butt my boys atv is more american the china now just waiting on a good engine and the china is gone atleast make it japan lol

Quote Originally Posted by 6X6 View Post
    ... you NEED to do 2 things first.
    1- ALWAYS DO A COMPLETE TEARDOWN! THIS IS FIRST, BEFORE THE FIRST RUN, BEFORE THE TEST RUN, BEFORE YOU START IT UP ONE TIME! Take the engine apart and clean out any leftovers from machining and casting. This should be done on ANY engine, but is especially critical on engines out of China as they seem to miss a lot of material on a regular basis. Fresh, clean oil, fresh clean coolant (If aplicable). Check that all wiring is routed out of harms way, same with hoses and fuel line....
    Quote Originally Posted by pepper View Post
    Saying always do a compleate teardown beacuse it is made in china is silly and there are good and bad QC from every manufacturer of anything (did you know that alot of your favourite NA brands are rebadged chinese products?).
    the track record for Argo B&S etc have all been suspect at times.

These machines are very basic in design ,on paper this is what I wish argo would have put out in the first place and had a price closer to this.
    The same thing being said about chinese products is the same fear mongering that was used in respect to Japanese products.
    THANK YOU RIDGE RAT. I'm glad I'm not the only one who recognizes the need for pre-use maintenance on Made-In-China items. I know it's seen as "Fear Mongering" but it's not. ITS OUR EXPERIENCE. If I bought Made-in-China items and they were made great, I would have posted how well it was made. Those who have had good experiences have posted so, those of us who have not have posted so.

Personally, I feel Made In China items are a great value provided the following
    1) No Moving Parts
    2) Not placed under any stress at any time
    3) Does not plug into the wall or take batteries
    Attex 295 Wild Wolf: My Runner
    Attex 252? Colt? Racer 80%: My Racer to be..... SOMEDAY
    Attex Super Chief - Sold.

new 8x8 amphibious

Last edited by Mike; 06-10-2009 at 12:31 PM. Reason: merged thread with existing thread

is that the china argo knock off from previous posts?
    http://www.6x6world.com/forums/other...hina-aatv.html
    Last edited by trebmaster; 06-10-2009 at 07:59 AM.
    Kevin Hough
    TREBMASTER
    (____>
    .OOO

trebmaster ,

Yes, thats the same Chinese knock off copy from the previous Uube video that I posted, but this video shows whats under the hood.

No communist ATV's for me
    Hammers should have warning labels.

I agree boncrshr. In fact I am making a serious effort to shop for American Made for now on.
    I will by Argos though.

Chinese AATV

Why is this guy wasting our time talking about what it will do. Show us please! I notice that machine has a lot less clearance than an argo and uses the same cheap tires that all other Chinese ATV's use. The jet pump is cool for some situations but in the mud holes at Busco, Doles, or the swamp around here it would be clogged almost imediately! Clean water, it would be nice to have a jet pump option.

+ Reply to Thread