Davids 2010 Mudd Ox

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Davids 2010 Mudd Ox

Quote Originally Posted by Model Citizen
    Wow, that can't be much fun. Hope you get that resolved, especially since you waited over a year for it. BTW, Mudbug, Roger mentioned that you also were getting some bells & whistles with the demo, but no one said what you were getting or got

Bridget

Yes, the chain stretch on my Mudd-Ox with only 39 hours on it is getting to be a real concern for me. I try to keep a close watch on my chains because I don,t want the added expense of replacing all of the spockets when I have to replace the chains. Just replacing the double 60 chains is an expensive proposition. When we had the group ride in october at river run atv park, Tim talked with Matt on the phone , and Matt told Tim that if I took delivery of the Mudd-Ox that weekend of october in 2010 , he,d throw in some other things too. I,ve read on the forum that Matt is really busy , but it,s now almost january 2011 and I have,nt received the parts that Matt promised me yet, or when I might get them.

Matt can you contact me by private message , email, or on the forum about this?

Other than the chains needing more attention than on my Max IV and Hustlers, these are the things that I,ve come to appreciate about the Mudd-ox.

1. Because the Mudd-Ox weighs more than my Max IV or Hustlers, it does,nt get tossed around by things in the mud like my lighter amphibs do. The heavier weight of the Mudd-Ox just mashes down the high spots down the center of the trails that are made by big tire atv,s. This would often high center me in my Max IV or Noel in his Max II ,but no problem for the Mudd-ox.

2. With the addition of tracks on my Mudd-Ox I now have about 14 3/4 inches of ground clearance , and this makes a " big difference " when driving down atv trails with deep rutts on either side.

3. The smooth opperation of a hydrolically controled machine and its ability to make instant , and incremental changes in really tight spots.
    Last edited by mudbug3; 02-05-2011 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mudbug3 View Post
    Bridget

Yes, the chain stretch on my Mudd-Ox with only 39 hours on it is getting to be a real concern for me. I try to keep a close watch on my chains because I don,t want the added expense of replacing all of the spockets when I have to replace the chains. When we had the group ride in october at river run atv park, Tim talked with Matt on the phone , and Matt told Tim that if I took delivery of the Mudd-Ox that weekend , he,d throw in some other things too. I,ve read on the forum that Matt is really busy now, but it,s now almost january 2011 and I have,nt received the parts that Matt promised me yet, or when I might get them.

Matt can you contact me by private message , email, or on the forum about this?
    Wow: I'm surprised that Matt hasn't followed up with you regarding the parts promised, and I personally would be concerned because it is several months later. Did you ever get an owner's manual? You also told me some time ago that there was a chain and or adjuster issue. Has Matt ever worked with you to get this resolved?
    That Mudd Ox is a great machine, however I am at a loss to understand those unresolved issues. I have considered a Mudd Ox for future purchase, but until these kinds of issues get resolved, I think it better to hold off.

Noel

I have,nt received an owners manuel yet. I call another Mudd-Ox dealer when ever I have to work on it and I can,t figure things out. The reason Matt does,nt have a shop manual yet is probably because of the changes being made on the Mudd-Ox every 3-4 months or so , as Matt tries to make it an even better machine .
    Last edited by mudbug3; 01-16-2011 at 08:14 PM.

Dave:
    Its been a couple weeks since I last asked, did you ever get the items that Matt promised you for your Mudd Ox? The reason I ask is that we have our next ride coming up in February and I know you need those items to complete your Mudd Ox. I have both my machines at 100% Redcon1.

Noel

Matt called me about 2 weeks ago and said he would send the parts to me he promised in another week or so. I was also told this in " october of 2010 " when I took possession of my Mudd-ox at river run atv park.

That sucks, Dave.

I hope that he comes through for you as promised this time.

[QUOTE=Bud ]That sucks , Dave. I hope that he comes through for you as promised this time.[ QUOTE ]

Bud

Yes,, I really hope so too! I,ve read on the forum that Matt is extremely busy right now,, but I also thought that I,d receive my parts by now since Matt promised to send them in october of last year. We have another group ride planned for the spring of this year, and I,d really like to have my new parts installed befre then.
    Last edited by mudbug3; 01-16-2011 at 10:04 PM.

Wow. It's sad that we have heard this same story way too many times from members dealing with Matt. Being extremely busy is no excuse at all. If you are extremely busy then that means business is good and you can afford to hire someone to ship the parts for you. Paying someone a few bucks an hour to make sure your customers are happy will pay for itself over and over again.

mudbug, you are much more patient than I am. I would be calling and PMing him every day asking where my parts were? This is just unacceptable from any business.

Matt, if you are reading this, send the man his parts already. How many months does he have to wait?

Mike is right mudbug, you're being very patient waiting on those parts. I hope they come in too. I'd certainly be calling everyday to find out where they are. That is just a very poor business practice to keep someone hanging like that. If you don't get them, or get any answers from him you could always call your credit card company and explain the situation and they'll reimburse you and go after him for the money. I know other members have been sending email after email, and making call after call to try to get in touch with him about buying 9" K lock rims and nobody has heard back from him at all.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

I'm having the same issue. I've been waiting for two months just to get a shipping price and an idea of availability for 9" rims. I've sent three or four PMs, an email or two to Muddox.net, and no reply whatsoever. He has enough time to get on the Site here now and then, but not enough time just to reply to a PM.

Even an "I'm working on it" would be a plus. Even an "it'll be three weeks before I get the rims" is better than nothing.

I have 8 tires sitting in the garage, and the 9" Argo rims are looking better and better all the time.

~m

+ Reply to Thread