Track Tuners ?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Track Tuners ?

gunner22a

The forum members that run the Adair tracks and also those members who run the Argo rubber tracks with the track tuners ,just can't stop talking about the HUGE improvement this has made for their machines.

Do these disconnect drive to the wheels completely, the same as the old freewheeling hubs used to? Or do they allow over run one way as in a ratchet? Do you have to physically get out and disengage / engage them ?

As you might have gathered, we don't see many of them over here.

disconnects altogether. Same as an idler hub mounted over a spindle.

i ordered a set and should have them for next weekend.cant wait to try them out.

My track turners should be here soon too, I'll let you all know what I think of them

installed my track tuners yesterday.they arrive dry so make sure you pack the bearings.pulled them apart and packed bearings the old fashion way(by hand).went out on the lake for a real long drive and yes they make a big difference.much smoother ride,less thumping and bumping under the floor pans.so they do eliminate a lot of the chain wind up.now i just gotta save my pennies up for a set of adair tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by plott hound View Post
    installed my track tuners yesterday.they arrive dry so make sure you pack the bearings.pulled them apart and packed bearings the old fashion way(by hand).went out on the lake for a real long drive and yes they make a big difference.much smoother ride,less thumping and bumping under the floor pans.so they do eliminate a lot of the chain wind up.now i just gotta save my pennies up for a set of adair tracks.

Those will be pennies well spent!

Quote Originally Posted by plott hound View Post
    .they arrive dry so make sure you pack the bearings.pulled them apart and packed bearings the old fashion way(by hand)..
    Mine arrived with grease already packed in them

RD

Mine have arrived, they need packing with grease.

I'll get round to it in the next few days and let you know how I get on.

The tracks I'm running are standard Argo 18" rubber ones

thats because your "special"

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Doctor View Post
    Mine arrived with grease already packed in them

RD

+ Reply to Thread