Adiar Tracks, all others need not apply

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Adiar Tracks, all others need not apply

I got a delivery today at work, looks like I will have these on my MAX IV for the Busco ride.

I got the 16.5" wide track with the extension on the inside. My machine has the factory setup for the camoplast tracks, so I left the bearing cages, rail and factory wheel spacers on and just switched tracks. clearance to the tub looks perfect.

Last edited by MAX IV Mark; 04-12-2012 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MAX IV Mark View Post
    I got a delivery today at work, looks like I will have these on my MAX IV for the Busco ride.

I got the 16.5" wide track with the extension on the inside. My machine has the factory setup for the camoplast tracks, so I left the bearing cages, rail and factory wheel spacers on and just switched tracks. clearance to the tub looks perfect.

Oh boy oh boy. They are here in time for busco and for Sunday. I for one can't wait to see them in person.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

MAX IV Mark

Those Adair tracks look just awesome on your Max IV. I can't wait to see the Busco Beach video's of your Max IV in action when every one gets back from this upcoming event

Max IV Mark, that is a way cool looking Max IV. I was really close to picking up a Max IV before I found my Argo Bigfoot. I can't wait to hear your opinion of how you feel the Adair tracks perform for you compared to your old tracks. Please keep us posted. Looks like they fit really well with your stock track offset. I was sort of wondering about that.

Keith.

Quote Originally Posted by amphibious drew View Post
    Oh boy oh boy. They are here in time for busco and for Sunday. I for one can't wait to see them in person.
    You need to do more than look, I was planning on you guys taking some stick time to help me break them in.

Quote Originally Posted by mudbug3 View Post
    MAX IV Mark

Those Adair tracks look just awesome on your Max IV. I can't wait to see the Busco Beach video's of your Max IV in action when every one gets back from this upcoming event
    I got a new drift hd camera that is going with me to Busco, so there is going to be some video.
    But right now I feel like a kid who knows what he is getting for Christmas and cant play with it....... too much homework to do until Sunday.
    Quote Originally Posted by kghills View Post
    Max IV Mark, that is a way cool looking Max IV. I was really close to picking up a Max IV before I found my Argo Bigfoot. I can't wait to hear your opinion of how you feel the Adair tracks perform for you compared to your old tracks. Please keep us posted. Looks like they fit really well with your stock track offset. I was sort of wondering about that.

Keith.
    My "old" camoplast tracks probably only have 20 hours on them. They are great in the snow and the traction is awesome. The machine feels considerable quicker when I take them off, but then I find myself getting stuck because of the overconfidence I got with the camoplasts on. If they would swim at all I would run it with them all the time, even if they only swam .5 mph. But once you start to float your done...nothing.

First thing I noticed is how light the Adair tracks are in comparison. The camoplasts seem to weigh about 150 lbs each and I would say the Adairs are about half that weight. I am sure they are going to take less hp to turn. I will find out Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by MAX IV Mark View Post
    You need to do more than look, I was planning on you guys taking some stick time to help me break them in.

I got a new drift hd camera that is going with me to Busco, so there is going to be some video.
    But right now I feel like a kid who knows what he is getting for Christmas and cant play with it....... too much homework to do until Sunday.

My "old" camoplast tracks probably only have 20 hours on them. They are great in the snow and the traction is awesome. The machine feels considerable quicker when I take them off, but then I find myself getting stuck because of the overconfidence I got with the camoplasts on. If they would swim at all I would run it with them all the time, even if they only swam .5 mph. But once you start to float your done...nothing.

First thing I noticed is how light the Adair tracks are in comparison. The camoplasts seem to weigh about 150 lbs each and I would say the Adairs are about half that weight. I am sure they are going to take less hp to turn. I will find out Sunday.

Mark congratulations on your new Adair tracks. You have a fine looking machine there! I think you will find that your monies have been well spent. The first thing you are going to notice about the Adair tracks is that they are about 80% easier to turn then the camoplast system and much easier on your machines chains and bearings. You will also feel a very big difference in power! The Adair tracks don't take a lot of power to turn. The Next thing you gonna be paying attention to is the fact that traction is far Superior to the camoplast system. Other then getting high centered you should never get stuck again. I wish I could be at Busco to run my MaxIV with with you but I won't be able to make it this week end.
    Last edited by mightymaxIV; 04-14-2012 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Keith,

Unfortunately the rules of the site prevent Tim from responding to this thread (no commercial posts allowed). Otherwise he would have already responded and answered your question. You can however PM him directly and he can give you any details that you asked about here via PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kghills View Post
    Thanks Mike. Sent you a PM and took the time this morning to read over the site rules. Contacted Tim for the info hope to have it soon.

Keith.
    As you know Mike I received a very detailed PM from Tim at Adair concerning fitment of his tracks, tire sizes and models. Sort of a what will fit what including non Argo machines and whats in the works. I found it very informative. I realize it is against site policy for me to post it but I would be glad to share it if anyone wants to PM me. I would encourage any member who is thinking about tracks to shoot "obsessed" a PM to get the latest info. Not a member? Register and enjoy all the benefits of the forum.

Keith.

Quote Originally Posted by mightymaxIV View Post
    Mark congratulations on your new Adair tracks. You have a fine looking machine there! I think you will find that your monies have been well spent. The first thing you are going to notice about the Adair tracks is that they about 80% easier to turn then the camoplast system and much easier on your machines chains and bearings. You will also feel a very big difference in power! The Adair tracks don't take a lot of power to turn. The Next thing you gonna be paying attention to is the fact that traction is far Superior to the camoplast system. Other then getting high centered you should never get stuck again. I wish I could be at Busco to run my MaxIV with with you but I won't be able to make it this week end.
    Dan,
    Your influence helped cause me to go over my budget on toys. When I saw my MAX IV for sale I wondered how capible it was, and I saw your videos of yours with the 26" tires and was amazed. Then at Busco in October, I watched your Argo with Adair tracks walk through areas that every other machine got stuck in and I was awe struck again. So, please....... don't buy anything else.........I can't afford it
    Last edited by MAX IV Mark; 04-13-2012 at 08:28 PM.

][/IMG]
    Quote Originally Posted by mightymaxIV View Post
    Kghills: When do we get to see some video of those three Argos in action in Wisconsin? Also could you tell us how the Bigfoot and Vanguard performed in relation to the HDI and if you were able to go everywhere the HDI went? Was everyone impressed with the capabilities of the smaller 6x6 units?
    Sorry about the delay in the video,I used all 5 gigs downloading video the last few weeks (and a whole lot more) and have to wait till the 16th before I can use any more. I was very impressed on how the 6x6s ran, and the vid is worth the wait.
    Last edited by foxvalley; 04-14-2012 at 07:58 AM. Reason: merged two consecutive posts

Sorry about the delay in the video,I used all 5 gigs downloading video the last few weeks (and a whole lot more) and have to wait till the 16th before I can use any more. I was very impressed on how the 6x6s ran, and the vid is worth the wait.[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by foxvalley; 04-20-2012 at 04:20 PM.

+ Reply to Thread