Mobilera Trailblazer

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Mobilera Trailblazer

Quote Originally Posted by Matt O. View Post
    I am happy to help. I bought the tranmsiion from JP for a spare for my Newt The Bold but would like to see the Trailblazer up and running again. When can I go for a ride!!!

Matt
    Matt, that's really great of you to do this for Keith. You certainly have the true 6x6 enthusiast spirit.....this is what the 6X6World Network is all about.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Quote Originally Posted by LarryW View Post
    I just got a chance to watch the video. Great job! I was thinking it sure looks to nice to be rigged up. Maybe an earlier design. Then read other post on others thinking the same thing. It is very interesting. You machine looks real nice. Glad Matt hooked you up with a hagen.
    Thanks for the video.
    Thanks Larry, If you get near your Trailblazer I would really appreciate pictures of the transmission mount and pictures of the center saddle with the gear shafts. If your transmission is still out that would be better as I could see all the mounts clearly. I know you said your AATVs were in a couple different places but if you could put it on your list I would really appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by jpswift1 View Post
    Matt, that's really great of you to do this for Keith. You certainly have the true 6x6 enthusiast spirit.....this is what the 6X6World Network is all about.
    Matt was VERY cool about selling the transmission and at the same price he paid for it. I hardly slept the night before calling him wondering if he would be willing to sell it. Given the fact that he has another machine that uses it I can see why he would want to keep it for a spare. I was really excited when he said he would sell it to get the Trailblazer back in service. Matt O. rocks.

Keith.

ADAIR TRACKS, WITHOUT 'EM YOUR JUST SPINNING YOUR WHEELS
    REMEMBER KIDS, THE FIRST "A" in AATV STANDS FOR AMPHIBIOUS

Ill try to run down there and grab some pictures for you when I get a chance.
    Steve Devaney did reply back with some cool news.

We had a flurry of activity to get things apart (rust locked) and easier things came up. No, haven't done anything with it for quite a while. The only info I got was from the internet, other than one contact.

(I removed some stuff to protect some identity but he found a sales rep/employee) and sent him a Christmas card. He called me and we talked. It turns out that there are less than 12 of these out there. It was a Small Business Loan scam. They got the money, set up a shop on an Indian Reservation in NW Minnesota (economic development) made a few and took off with the rest of the money. He did have a few OEM parts (which I bought). That's about it.
    Steve

I removed the info on how he got the contact because Im not sure if its a good idea to have a swarm of people call him. Not sure if a swarm of people would or even if the contact would care but....
    Keith if your interested pm or email me. Or if you get automatic emails you might already have it because I originally posted it.
    Last edited by LarryW; 11-01-2012 at 07:10 PM.

This is the coolest Trailblazer news ever! Contact with a former employee so there is a reliable source for info. Less than a dozen units means it is actually quite rare. I sent you a PM, keep me in the loop and thank you for following up on your leads.

Keith.

I love when the history of a rare vintage AATV is unearthed......how exciting to hear about these from a man that saw them being build back when they first began. COOL! Thanks for sharing that, Larry.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Took a few more pictures with the Trailblazer all shined up.

It really needs an engine cover. Too bad none seem to exist for me to copy. Would be nice to find a picture at least to use as a guide.

Keith.

ADAIR TRACKS, WITHOUT 'EM YOUR JUST SPINNING YOUR WHEELS
    REMEMBER KIDS, THE FIRST "A" in AATV STANDS FOR AMPHIBIOUS

That is a clean machine! Thanks for the pictures.

Nice looking machine Keith. That's unfortunate about the history of the company,what a shame.

Joe.

Looks great! A little elbow grease certainly goes a long way.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeMeg View Post
    Nice looking machine Keith. That's unfortunate about the history of the company,what a shame.

Joe.
    My guess is it was part of an economic development program circa late 60s to early 70s. Being in Waubun on the White Earth Reservation makes more sense given the Trailblazer emblem and its obvious Native American influence. The tribe was supposedly given 40% share in the company from what I can find.

I would be willing to bet after the first dozen or so machines shipped another check showed up from the government for expanding the operation and off the owners went to some place warmer.

Keith.
    Last edited by kghills; 11-12-2012 at 08:53 PM.

+ Reply to Thread