Mudd-Ox vs the Argo HDI

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Mudd-Ox vs the Argo HDI

ox

i would take the mudd ox because it seems to be the overall most capable vehicle and about the whine just tone the rpms down and the noise goes with it, but the argo does come in camo thats always a plus.
    The ox
    slower
    louder
    but more capable
    The argo
    faster
    easier on the ears
    capable

I would sacrifice speed and agillity any day for what you can get through thats why i went with an 8x8 not a 4x4 at the end of the day the guy who get through the most and pull the hardest is the one who has the biggest smile
    8x8 twice as good as 4x4

Mudd ox is available in camo and you can determine top speed by the gearing you select at ordering. Matt continues in improve the already capable machines.

Quote Originally Posted by LTV KID View Post
    i would take the mudd ox because it seems to be the overall most capable vehicle and about the whine just tone the rpms down and the noise goes with it, but the argo does come in camo thats always a plus.
    The ox
    slower
    louder
    but more capable
    The argo
    faster
    easier on the ears
    capable

I would sacrifice speed and agillity any day for what you can get through thats why i went with an 8x8 not a 4x4 at the end of the day the guy who get through the most and pull the hardest is the one who has the biggest smile
    Matt can put any digital image in the plastic. Take a picture of your hunting ground and he can put it in and you will have the ultimate camo. The hydro whine isnt bad at all, just the videos on you tube really pick the audio up of the whine. I didnt even notice it. The gearing is easily changeable with simply pulling 2 sprockets off and putting 2 different on. With the counter rotating it maneuvered in places that made me wonder if it was even going to make the turn or not. I was sure Matt was going to have to back up and try again in one spot but the counter rotating beast would maneuver the tight turns in the woods. I couldnt believe the machine of that size would be a good woods machine but I was impressed. That is just what I experienced. Every machine is cool in there own ways though. Argos are great machines too.

cool

i didnt know they came in camo but the digital picture thing sounds awesome i want to see a mudd ox with some crazy picture on it maybe a giant rolling
    6x6 logo or something

but still the true hydrostatic is better to me at least
    8x8 twice as good as 4x4

I'll put my Ltv kid against em in a heartbeat, the 30 Wisconsin runs like a champ, I've got a blade, tracks and enough parts to keep it running for 20 years. It came with a cab, a trailer and a boom off the front I was able to lift a whole moose off the ground. I picked it up for $2000. Score.

Quote Originally Posted by mudbug3 View Post
    When the Mudd-Ox 8x8 first came on the market , it was the only 8x8 that would counter rotate , and built for both recreational and commercial usage. Now that Argo has released the new Avenger HDI , and it also counter rotates , which one would you choose if you were buying a new 8x8?
    My triton predator has a v1505 kabota diesel turbo charged and hydrostatic drive and can counter rotate

I wonder if opinions have changed since 09. I was seriously considering the ox but I have been a bit turned off. Now am considering the 750 hdi/31hp. I am considering suspension seats, possible 1/2 cab (not sure on hard vs soft) etc.

Atc250r

I would go with the 750HDI/31 hp. Lot better dealer net work , easier to work on ( I had a Mudd-Ox so I know ) automatic chain adjusters on the Argo and easier to clean up. The biggest thing for me is the resale value. Check out the used Mudd-Ox prices and then compare them to an Argo 750 HDI/ 31 hp of the same year and with the exact same options as a Mudd-Ox. The Mudd-Ox is a whole lot better work horse and wins hands down in any pulling contest. No belts to break or squeel like on an Argo. Being able to counter rotate both sides of tires and at the exact same speed is a BIG PLUS in certain off road situations. This is where the Mudd-OX excells when compared to the new admiral steering transmission. The admiral transmission will also counter rotate ,but not at the exact same speed for both sides of tires. Another thing to consider is what you're planning to use your machine for after you buy it.
    Last edited by mudbug3; 05-30-2012 at 01:22 AM.

In reading many of your posts, your thoughts mean a great deal to me. That is the way I am leaning along w a set of adair tracks, heater ( ice fishing), not sure on the rest. Still have a few machines to sell first to make room!

Quote Originally Posted by Atc250r View Post
    In reading many of your posts, your thoughts mean a great deal to me. That is the way I am leaning along w a set of adair tracks, heater ( ice fishing), not sure on the rest. Still have a few machines to sell first to make room!
    Then you know why I now own an Argo 650 HD , frontier with Adair tracks instead of the Mudd-Ox with Adair tracks that I used to own. Word of advice: ' Better to be safe than really sorry afterwards' Been there and done that with my last purchase.
    Last edited by mudbug3; 05-28-2012 at 10:31 PM.

+ Reply to Thread