New Black Hustler Bodies - Poll

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!

View Poll Results: Select all Hustler bodies or shells you would be interested to purchase:

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Upper Body

44 65.67%
  • 950 Lower body (up to 25" tires)

14 20.90%
  • 980 Lower body (up to 26" tires)

44 65.67%
  • Engine Cover

40 59.70%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: New Black Hustler Bodies - Poll

jerseybigfoot

Three Hustler 980,s that I bought all had 18 hp , briggs motors in them. I traded one Hustler that had the standard size 980 tub, but I still own three other Hustler 980,s with the extra deep tub. These models were called " Super Hustlers " by some people. The extra deep , lower tub on this particular 980 model, allowed you to run 26 inch tires with tracks.

I spoke with Richard Clark who has the molds right now, and he told me as soon as he clears his shop of the leftover bodies originally made from Hustler, he will give us access to mold the bodies ourselves.
    He told me is has approximately 3-4 upper bodies and lower bodies left. Those of you who need the bodies for restoration purposes, realize the bodies I will make are black, NOT the original Hustler brownish/green color. Also, he told me he never received the mold for the engine color, so that is unfortunately not an option anymore (unless I eventually fabricate a new one or make them out of fiberglass, etc).
    So, if anyone here who needs Hustler bodies are interested in having NOS original bodies, Richard has them Welcome to Richard's Relics Parts for Amphibious ATV's,. Once he is out of bodies, he will pass over the molds for us to use to make custom bodies.
    Anyone interested in the NOS molds from Richard?

TO ONCE AGAIN CLARIFY, THE 950 LOWER BODY WILL ACCEPT UP TO 25" TIRES. At this point, if we get the molds there is enough interest to make upper bodies and 980 lower bodies.

Honestly I would be shocked if RC "handed over" the molds. Not really his M.O. I would expect he would charge for their use.
    "Don't worry my Dad's a TV repairman, he has an excellent set of tools..I can fix It"

micmac,

I would agree with you about R.C. He,s in it to make $$$

He said he would let me pop bodies off because he would be interested in
    buying some. But he obviously wants his sold before new ones are made.

Quote Originally Posted by micmac View Post
    Honestly I would be shocked if RC "handed over" the molds. Not really his M.O. I would expect he would charge for their use.

Exactly, Clark doesn't just "hand things over". If there isn't BIG MONEY in it for him, he wouldn't be doing it.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

BTY I think I paid Richard about $750 for the NOS Top and Big foot bottom about 5 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by jerseybigfoot View Post
    BTY I think I paid Richard about $750 for the NOS Top and Big foot bottom about 5 years ago.
    that's what he is charging for them as far as i know...not a bad deal, but the last 3-4 of lowers and uppers must be gone first...

Other Colors?

Can the bodies be made in any color or is black the only color available? I might be interested in a blue 980 tub.
    1983 Hustler 945-HK 627cc Vanguard
    1982 GMC K-10 Sierra Classic Suburban 6.2 Diesel
    2010 Chevy Silverado 1500
    1974 Honda ATC 70
    1986 Honda ATC 250ES Big Red

There is no Z in Diesel!!

Quote Originally Posted by stonewall View Post
    Can the bodies be made in any color or is black the only color available? I might be interested in a blue 980 tub.
    as far as i am concerned, the bodies can be molded in any color. the reason black was chosen for this project was because 1. i wanted all-black and 2. it's the cheapest plastic.

i would love to see colors like brown, green, blue, yellow, and others colors on top of a black bottom. only drawback is richard's hustler bodies need to be sold before we are able to produce bodies. he has the original color for sale for about the same price as i was asking if you were to buy in a set.

+ Reply to Thread