2003 Conquest complete restoration

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: 2003 Conquest complete restoration

Looking good. Are the tracks it came with in bad shape?

You are patient, determined, gifted, must be young and I wish I were your neighbor. My 2001 is sitting disassembled in my lawn attic and bedroom closet. I admire your complete save of this amazing machine. I grew up in Argos. This is my family's third one. I am 50 now and losing my will. My sons 15 and 12 are not interested yet. I was hoping to make it a family hobby. Track on! Geologic in the MS mud

Wish I had your shop and tools lol. Looks awsome.

to bad XVR never replied to all the compliments he received.still a great build though.

Quote Originally Posted by XVR View Post
    Removed all the chains, sprockets and axle shafts.....then lifted the frame out of the tud.....and more pressure washing....

Hi, how much time did this project took you? You made an incredible job. I have a 2003 conquest also and seeing your restauration pictures makes me want to do the same. How much hours do you think you've put on this project?
    Thanks
    KiDo Montreal , Canada

Quote Originally Posted by XVR View Post
    Rebuilt the carb and installed a winshield washer.....also a new heat shield for exhaust.

Installed the winch bumpers.....came out great

The interior came out really nice

also installed brake light switches so you run this thing on the roads up north

She has come a long way in a very short time

Managed to knock this thing out over the christmas holidays....drank a lot of beers...lol

Also restored the top..... polished the clear sides with medium compound and a little elbow grease....looks like new

The canvas looks wet because I had just sprayed it with sealer

Since the restoration I have put 36 hours on this rig with no issues. Starts every time even in -30deg weather. The Bolduc tracks work awesome.....way better than expected with no binding or tensioner issues....( used the Bolduc chain tensioners )

Very happy with the outcome. Even with the price of the used Argo and all the new parts it's still $20000.00 cheaper than buying a new one....if you're willing to do all the work.....haha
    I can't believe I missed this rebuild thread. You did a great job......it looks like it just came off the assembly line. VERY NICE!
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Quote Originally Posted by jpswift1 View Post
    You did a great job......it looks like it just came off the assembly line. VERY NICE!
    I'll second that. Fantastic job!

I just got back from a one month job up north. Used the Argo to get back and forth from job site to hotel.....worked awesome.....what a great machine!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KiDo View Post
    Hi, how much time did this project took you? You made an incredible job. I have a 2003 conquest also and seeing your restauration pictures makes me want to do the same. How much hours do you think you've put on this project?
    Thanks
    KiDo Montreal , Canada
    Thanks Kido for the compliments. I did this project over the christmas holidays..... I have about 80 hours of labour in this machine......good luck with your project.
    Last edited by XVR; 04-01-2013 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by akranger72 View Post
    XVR what brand of medium compound did you use to renew your soft top windows?
    I used automotive paint polish that I had left over from an old build.....you can get this stuff from any auto body supply store

+ Reply to Thread