Polaris re-invents the off-road again

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Polaris re-invents the off-road again

Quote Originally Posted by jpswift1 View Post
    Hey Brandon, for being an AATV dealer you certainly spend a lot of time bashing the types of machines that you sell........so how's that working out as far as sales go?
    Sales of new vehicles are meeting expectations. Since I haven't bought new vehicles of any brand for over a year nor am I a dealer, sales are zero. However I often have used vehicles of any given brand and people appreciate my honesty when I tell them what they can and can't do. I've never been a pushy salesman for anything I've ever sold in my life. I sell with passion and enthusiasm for whatever it is I'm offering for sale. I want the person to be happy with the purchase. No way will I push an amphib on a person whose primary terrain will be sand. I've already bought amphibs from people who were unhappy with their performance in sandy and rocky creeks. I tell people, through my 15+ years of riding amphibs through everything under the sun, exactly what they can expect. Someone buying an amphib for the wrong purpose hurts our sport far more than just making that one sale will ever help it.
    Everybody dies, but not everybody lives.

Quote Originally Posted by wfo View Post
    the verdict is in, those who wish they had a springer and those who have a springer
    have a higher I.Q than those who don't ever want a springer or drive one
    That explains all we need to know. But do tell me, what exactly were you "not impressed" with during your encounter with the Sportsman ACE?

"I don't think it is a dune machine at this point until is gets a larger engine and longer suspension."
    and its slow..
    bulky for what it is..
    could be traped inside..
    would tumble if rolled over in a foward or backward motion..
    i think it wont last long before a major lawsuit..
    just my opinion i could be wrong
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Kov43RnAUM
    how would you like to be trapped in that

Quote Originally Posted by MaxRules View Post
    I don't think it is a dune machine at this point until is gets a larger engine and longer suspension. What about it failed to impress you? I'm sure your 6x6 didn't run any circles around it. The least favorable terrain for a 6x6 is sand.
    Hey I thought you are a Max dealer. How can a good dealer dog a product they sell. That is not a good business practice

Quote Originally Posted by egoperf View Post
    Hey I thought you are a Max dealer. How can a good dealer dog a product they sell. That is not a good business practice
    See above post. A good dealer tells it like it is. I would not lie to a potential customer by telling them a 6x6 is great in sand. I don't think I've ever had someone really serious about buying a 6x6 to run in sand dunes, I think people already know better. A 20mph top speed and no suspension is clearly not a sand machine. Amphibs are for mud and swamps and that is where they really shine. We will get a lot more people joining our sport if we show off the strong points of the vehicle. We will not gain any enthusiasts by pushing someone into a vehicle that will disappoint under the conditions where they intend to use it.

WFO said:

and its slow..
    It goes 52mph stock. Slow compared to what, a Rzr 900?

bulky for what it is..
    You do realize it is barely larger than a regular quad and is the smallest 'sit in' adult ATV on the market?

could be traped inside..
    If you can't find your way out of an ACE, you shouldn't be riding.

would tumble if rolled over in a foward or backward motion..
    I think any vehicle does that.

i think it wont last long before a major lawsuit..
    It's the safest quad made to date. Roll cage, seat belt, familiar controls, what extra safety could you ask for in an ATV?

just my opinion i could be wrong
    Could be.

Keep attempting to pad your resume so you can try and land that PR job at Polaris, but try doing it somewhere else where people actually give a _ _ _ _ about something that's just another 4 wheeler on the market. Thanks.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

watch this again and picture a roll cage where your tied in and can't get out...this would be a
    DEATH TRAP
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Kov43RnAUM

There are pros and cons for every type of ATV.

I love my Argo hdi, but I love my Polaris 800 6x6, and then there are times when I'll take my sportsman 850xp.
    I have an Argo on tracks, it works great, but it will take 5 times longer to get somewhere than my skidoo.

There are atvs out there that are better suited to tasks than others, I've had atvs since I was 5, I'm 29 now, I've still not found the perfect all round ATV.

Rory

Well said Rory, there's no perfect machine. I saw several of these new Polaris machines at a nearby dealership. They'll never take the place of my amphibs, but nonetheless they are cool looking and most folks who don't go through the swamps will be perfectly satisfied with an Ace.

+ Reply to Thread