Was it the ONE and I didn't know it??!!

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Was it the ONE and I didn't know it??!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dw89xj View Post
    I think most of the them end up needing more than originally anticipated, but on the plus side they are pretty simple and anything can be fixed.
    Did your float stick and fill up your crankcase or is it all oil?
    That's a good question and to be honest I really dont know. I rebuilt the carb and the only thing that looked gummed up was a(the) jet. The inner bottom of the carb was a little dirty or varnished but not bad I didnt think. At 1st I thought it was just oil that was too full. Then it occurred to me that it smelled too much like gas but didn't appear to have that faint cloudy look that I associate with gas mixed with oil and it wasn't watery. Was busy right after getting it so the oil issue wasnt discovered until hrs later when I went to take it for a spin. Like everything new or new to me anyway I always check the oil before running an engine. That's when I discovered what eventually ended up being roughly a quart too much oil in the engine and the beginning of the cluster f*** I'm in right now.
    Last edited by Cupwalker; 12-31-2019 at 12:53 PM.

Switching gears a little....
    Want to install the factory tracks that I bought with my Max II but I need some clarification. I'm sure this has been debated and discussed more times than I can imagine and yes I did use the search function and found no definitive answer. What I'd like to know is...do you have to disengage, disassemble, disconnect or whatever it requires to render the front axle powerless to utilize the tracks?? I mean, the big debate is the supposed loss of power if you don't disable the front axle but other than that is there any other reason, is it damaging to the machine otherwise ? I'm asking because I'd rather not mess with all that right now but I'd still like to use the tracks. Can someone please clarify this for me...thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cupwalker View Post
    Switching gears a little....
    Want to install the factory tracks that I bought with my Max II but I need some clarification. I'm sure this has been debated and discussed more times than I can imagine and yes I did use the search function and found no definitive answer. What I'd like to know is...do you have to disengage, disassemble, disconnect or whatever it requires to render the front axle powerless to utilize the tracks?? I mean, the big debate is the supposed loss of power if you don't disable the front axle but other than that is there any other reason, is it damaging to the machine otherwise ? I'm asking because I'd rather not mess with all that right now but I'd still like to use the tracks. Can someone please clarify this for me...thanks
    Most recommend removal of front chains for use of rubber tracks on a Max to help eliminate chain wind up or binding, this can also slacken the chain adjuster from excessive force.
    I believe the owners manual on the home page addresses tracks of you wish to look for clarification.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

hey cup..read the thread '' tires slip in tracks '' . lots of good info. seems tracks and chains , etc. have alot to do with what machine it is , 6 or 8 wheeler , type of tracks , tire tread design , etc. had the front chains off my max 2 with my homemade tracks and was getting slipping of the tires in snow . so i reinstalled them . for my situation i believe that's the way to go . j.b.

Quote Originally Posted by ARGOJIM View Post
    Most recommend removal of front chains for use of rubber tracks on a Max to help eliminate chain wind up or binding, this can also slacken the chain adjuster from excessive force.
    I believe the owners manual on the home page addresses tracks of you wish to look for clarification.
    Sorry for the delayed response. Yeah I checked the info that specifically pertains to the tracks and found nothing. I believe the track manual is titled...All Season Tracks Installation and Instructions manual. Since reading your post I've checked the owners manual as well and still found nothing. I more than likely missed it so I'll go through it again. Thanks for the feedback I appreciate it.
    Cup

Quote Originally Posted by john swenson View Post
    hey cup..read the thread '' tires slip in tracks '' . lots of good info. seems tracks and chains , etc. have alot to do with what machine it is , 6 or 8 wheeler , type of tracks , tire tread design , etc. had the front chains off my max 2 with my homemade tracks and was getting slipping of the tires in snow . so i reinstalled them . for my situation i believe that's the way to go . j.b.
    Apologies for the delayed response. I stumbled on to that thread before my post a few days ago. I read some of it and yes I agree there is very good info in that thread. However, it still doesn't really answer my question regarding whether or not its a detriment to the machine and or robs power from the engine if you dont remove the chains. I've decided to try it with the chains still connected and see how it performs. Thanks for the response appreciate it.
    Cup

Ive had the factory tracks on now for 3 weeks roughly
    and only drove very short distances at 1st as a precaution. During those short runs and since on longer runs I've noticed the machine feels like it has out of round tires. It's almost like I'm driving over a small speed bump but a million in a row. So I tried to even out the air in the tires thinking that was the problem but it wasnt. And I don't know if this would have anything to do with the issue but I did not remove the front chains like some people do. Any ideas out there? Cant find anything on here that talks about what I'm experiencing. If anyone has an idea what might be causing it I'm all ears. Just to be clear, its not obnoxious its subtle but its definitely "there" and the same movement again and again. So experts chime in please
    Thx cup
    Last edited by Cupwalker; 02-11-2020 at 03:04 AM.

Sounds like a bent axle.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

cup ... with the mud type tires tread pattern i have on my max 2 , when i install my tracks the ride is bumpier than just the tires . like going over speed bumps as you said .i have ridden in other members machines with tracks and they were bumpy also . i believe it's the tires bumping between the grousers . now on a solid rubber track the ride may be smoother cause there is no space between grousers. just a few thoughts . as jim said , check the axles also. johnboy va.

Quote Originally Posted by ARGOJIM View Post
    Sounds like a bent axle.
    ARGOJIM...I believe you just helped me realize something, that it's time to pull my head out of my @$$ lol!! Just a little bit of self reliance wouldve more than likely led me to the same possibility that you came up with. Eitherway, I'm grateful for the advice so thx again...Cup

+ Reply to Thread