Dear Recreative Industries this is my wish list for you

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Dear Recreative Industries this is my wish list for you

DDA Guest
    How about a 90 bend in the steering handles for improved comfort

I agree with that one. Has any body done this u would think they could be heated up and bent over some more.

Quote Originally Posted by swamp donkey View Post
    I agree with that one. Has any body done this u would think they could be heated up and bent over some more.
    Bending them will shorten them. I suggest welding on a pair of tubes horizontally to the existing sticks.

I also moved the sticks to the right so 2 riders can sit comfortably. The front seat is also moved back.
    Acta non verba

Have a pic under the floorboard showing what you did to move the sticks over to the right?

If anybody has any pictures that might give soon ideas please post

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood02 View Post
    I think the single largest improvement to keep up with competitors would be up-gradeing to #60 chain, easy in the buffalo and Max IV (i have done it), but needs tub redesign on the Max II
    I too would prefur to see a parking brake lever not the foot peddle
    the easy way to change the sproket gearing is on the jack-shaft but you have to raise the jack-shaft all the way to the top in it's adjusters to get the room required
    PS I heard there is a new machine comming out next year, being produced in Calgary, some sort of direct competitor to Argo, not hydrostatic, about the same size, i don't have many details but will find out if anyone is interested
    I agree with parking brake lever. Infact I cut the foot pedal off and made a handle lever on mine.

On a MAX IV<<<Talk about moving the T-20 foward is a great idea,,,but where would the enging be? Cant drop it into the tub as far as I know of because of the clutch attached to the motor is too long to drop more than say 3 in cause it will hit the tub,,has anyone solved this problem yet?,,,I am trying to do this somehow,,,

Quote Originally Posted by BREEZE View Post
    ...has anyone solved this problem yet?
    Yup. Both the administrator (Mike) and Whipper have molded the lower tubs out on the Max IVs. Whipper lowered his engine straight down (more or less) and moved the T-20 forward, whereas Mike kept the T-20 where it was and plopped a Bandolero in front of it. It's very easy to heat up the polyethylene and press it out a couple inches for clutch clearance. Get the poly hot with a heat gun or propane torch (at a safe distance) and use something like a stainless steel mixing bowl in the general shape of your clutch face to press the plastic out as much as you need it. Hit it with cold water to freeze it back into shape, and you've got it!

Hey there and thanks for the info on that,I just got off the phone with comet clutch and told them of the problem and advised them to make up some clutches with the moveing parts to be next to the motor leaving the pully away from the motor for that couple of inches clearence to be able to just drop in down in the tub without any mods to the body,,He said he was going to look at that and that was a good idea for the clearance trouble.I wonder when that will become a reality,,

Quote Originally Posted by BREEZE View Post
    .. and advised them to make up some clutches with the moveing parts to be next to the motor leaving the pully away from the motor for that couple of inches clearence to be able to just drop in down in the tub without any mods to the body
    With some clutches, that's already possible...

+ Reply to Thread