just bought an 1983 8x8 argo.now what?lol

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: just bought an 1983 8x8 argo.now what?lol

Quote Originally Posted by ERNIE View Post
    I just bought one as well looks identical but no tracks same colour but it has 16 tecumseh in it it also runs but needs some work been sitting for 7yrs. chains were all rusty so I ordered 40ft. of chain chinese jobbys real cheap #30.oo for ten ft. may have to sepperate body to get in the engine department to change the short chains , also I don;t think anybodys ever grease the axles. Nice rig you got hope you have fun in it. ERNIE
    yupper man,just drill all them rivets out.dont even try messing around till u get the bodyspit in 2.

so now that ive got the engine running,today i started fitting up the axles and jackshafts.hopefully will have everything mocked up by the end of next weekend.
    Attached Images

another small step completed.have got the engine mocked up on the frame and the jackshafts in.spun the new jackshafts and boy o boy the sprockets that drive from engine have a nasty wobble.damn things are out about .20.is this acceptable or will that wobble destroy my chain?
    Attached Images

I think I would fix that while I had everything out. Are those new? It looks like they are new or recently welded?

damn things are brand new mike,right from ODG.

That sucks. I would call them and let them replace the parts with good ones for you.

idler update,got the replacements today.right side idler is perfect,left side idler is 50% better but still real wonkey .how much wobble in the sprockets will cause a chain to come off or wear prematurely?

cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by plott hound View Post
    damn things are brand new mike,right from ODG.
    I had the exact same problem and I sent it back. The replacement wasn't perfect but it was better.

idler update,got the replacements today.right side idler is perfect,left side idler is 50% better but still real wonkey .how much wobble in the sprockets will cause a chain to come off or wear prematurely?

cheers.
    They obviously have no quality control. I would send it back.

Can I ask what you paid for the right side idler shaft ?

Before you put the engine back in, add a few pipe fittings to the oil drain plug to make it easier to drain the oil later.
    Last edited by Mike; 08-10-2010 at 10:14 PM. Reason: merged three consecutive posts

did one better then that,bought 2 drainkitz.one for the engine and one for the trany.

did one better then that,bought 2 drainkitz.one for the engine and one for the trany.
    From ARGO or from an industrial supply place ?

+ Reply to Thread