Just picked up a Scrambler project.

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Just picked up a Scrambler project.

Well I got the clutches done:

And I have 1 more axle to grind the studs out of. I ran out of cutting discs, so that will have to wait until next week. And hopefully the brakes will be in next week too, along with the chain. The engine showed up the other day, also. It looks like most of the measurements are pretty close, I can't wait to try to fit it next week as well, it's going to be a busy stretch but it's getting closer to running.

Burnt out the dremel so I didn't get the studs out yet, but at least the chain came in , going to pick that up today. Also mocked the engine up:

Looks like it's going to be close using the factory bolt holes. The only place it's off is the primary clutch doesn't quite line up. So I will either need to move the whole engine to the right ~1/4" or move the secondary clutch. Does anyone know if the secondary clutch can be moved on the drive shaft? I saw the lock collar on one side, just not sure of the spring side.

I also ordered tires, best price I found on 21x11.00-8 AT101 was $65.95 with free shipping.

Carlisle - AT 101 Chevron

~$400 for 6 of them to my door, not too bad.

The secondary can be moved but not easily due to rust, you may have to disassemble the assembly to to press it over. if you use a hydraulic press you may bend the small pilot end of the shaft so make sure its in the press straight. You may also consider raising the engine with a spacer to get some clearance at the back of the machine.
    Acta non verba

Yeah I think I am going to try to slot the bolt holes, I think it will be easier to get the alignment that way. I'm sure it will be a struggle to move the secondary, and I can only move it a tiny bit before it hits one of the hydraulic blocks anyways. How "exact" do the pulleys ned to line up?

And I haven't test fit into the tub yet, I'm waiting to get the brakes back first. But I see where you mean it looks like it might be close where the air filter and exhaust is sitting.

And if anyone comes acrossed this and is wondering, I used the clutch material from McMaster-Carr. It comes in a 7.5x7.5 sheet, and I used ~1.5" square pieces of clutch material and had a couple of squares left over. The stock sized pieces were like 1.5x1, maybe a little less.

Got home to a nice pile of at101 tires yesterday. $400 for 6 of them to my door, not bad. Hopefully get the brakes this week and it will be time to put it all together.

Tires are mounted, I still need to grind off 2 studs to completely mount the 6th tire. Between the rain and work I haven't had time.
    But I still needed to throw it together to see how it looks with tires on, just because.

Brakes didn't get done this week, if I don't hear from him by friday I'm going to go pick them up and cut some leftover clutch material and do it myself. That's all I need to start putting it back together. I have to work 4 more days, after which I have 12 days off. If I don't have it running during that week, it must be a lost cause lol.

looking good!
    HUSTLEMANIAC and a HONORARY MEMBER of the
    BIGFOOT ALUMNI

Very, very nice restoration! It looks like it just came off the show room floor. I can see this was a very high quality restoration.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Very nice indeed.

Keith.

ADAIR TRACKS, WITHOUT 'EM YOUR JUST SPINNING YOUR WHEELS
    REMEMBER KIDS, THE FIRST "A" in AATV STANDS FOR AMPHIBIOUS

+ Reply to Thread