Sachs flooding problem

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Sachs flooding problem

I can't in this one it drives from the right hand side with the pull start on the left. I have a 12 horse Briggs I woulda already dropped in it. I been thinking of putting my other frame I'm this body it has the t10 but I need to replace a couple bearings in it. But now it's getting cold an I do have a bunch of pole barns but they are full lol. I barely have room where I've been keeping it now

I was having a very simular issue with my arctic cat t1a400a i put in my argo. Carb after carb. Then i got real lucky & found a new old stock, still in the box walbro wda1-1 carb & it runs like new on a dime every time. Just my 2 cents.

Yeah I've been looking on eBay for one. There just hasn't been one. I completely rebuilt this one it should be working great but same issues. I was all fired up too. I rode it all over an was getting used to everything.even rolled it. Lol

Idk, did you change the plugs when it stopped running right? Also, did you put new fuel lines on the machine and including the intake line? What about the connection from inside to outside the tank, is that clear? I would get a cheap honda clone for it. Not even the 16hp, just a 13 or something. Harbor freight sells the cheap as does ebay. Your amphicat is light and the tranny does not rob that much power. A smaller engine should work just fine in there. I think a 16 or 18 vanguard would be over kill. Remember, the rpm of an engine determains top speed so as long as the engine has enough umph to move it, all engines that run at 3600rpm will generate the same top speed.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Yes drew all new everything. I've went through a bunch of plugs. I've had it running good a few times. And as I was saying earlier I can't put a different motor in it. I believe the motor in it now is a sa290 r. As it drives off the right side not the left as a regular motor does.

My briggs came with a shaft off both sides, mage something like that would work. Also, I thought that I read somewhere on here that any engine can made to be run backwords by changing the timing on it. If I am not mistaken, it was from a post that jerseybigfoot posted, but I could be wrong. Even if only certain engines can, maybe you can find one and set it up. Just trying to help trouble shoot here. Personally I like t-20 units myself, but seems so sad that the work has been put into getting her all fixed up and are considering abandoning the project. I too got really frustrated with my first machine's engine. I chased problems for 2 years before I bit the bullet and bought an engine that worked right.

Yeah I know I appreciate it too thanks everyone. I do a 18 horse Briggs that has the shaft on both sides but I really dint want to try to squeeze that it. I would have to cut the body an my 3/4 axles would probably get bent from so much power/torque. I might just go with the t10 set up an switch frames. I'm just getting so frustrated from working on it so much an getting so little plus my wife says I love that thing more than her. Lol. Maybe true.

Before i found a new carb i bought a mikuni vm34sv I was going to buy the rubber mount with 2 15/16 bolt hole space as a lot of snowmobilers do as an upgrade. You can use a walbro instead of the tilly hd, like a wf (float type) ect.. tilloston made many different carbs, as long as you get the (wide mouth) or (small mouth) model it would work. Just a thought.

Yeah I have a ton of carbs. There is another problem as far as a carb swap. The starter goes the the front of the motor then the tranny is like an inch away from that. I have no room for a float type carb at all belive me I've tried coming up with ways. Idk much about the tillotson HR carbs. Is there a different series that would work such as HL or something else?

Haha, I get the same thing from my wife about my first attex. I took it to 3 different events and hardly ever got to drive it. I was constantly having one issue after another, but members helped me solve them at least temperarly at times. Busco this fall was the first time I ever really got to use it the way it was intended to be used after over 2 years of owning it. Now I have another machine that has been 75-85% done for 5 months and a gotcha that is at the back of the line for work in the garage. You'll get it how you want it eventually if you stick with it. Dont be afraid to let the project sit for a minute while you contemplate your next plan of attack. Who knows, you may find the perfect engine for it during that time, or at least have some revelation as to what is going on.

+ Reply to Thread